Field Test Engineer
PIC Group, Inc.
Title: Field Test Engineer
Position Type: Contract
Location: Waynesboro, GA
Reports to: Filed Engineer Supervisor
PIC Group has an exciting opportunity with excellent pay for a highly motivated Field Test Engineer at a 2,200MW Nuclear Facility Employing two Westinghouse AP1000 (Advanced Passive) units located in Waynesboro, GA. The Field Test Engineer will report to the Field Engineer Supervisor and be responsible for performing system and component tests, following procedures and work instructions which will include field walk-downs, working with Measuring & Test Equipment (M&TE), solving issues in the field, and closure of constraints and Corrective Action Program (CAP) items to meet Inspections, Tests, Analyses, and Acceptance Criteria (ITAAC) ICN submittals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work directly with plant personnel and its 3 rd party contractor to assist in addressing open issues, closing gaps, and driving the test packages to the next step in the process.
- Perform walk-downs in support of field testing of electrical and mechanical systems.
- Support installation of field test equipment and validation equipment is properly setup for testing.
- Support testing of electrical systems, digital I&C systems, DC systems, Steam systems, Cooling Systems, HVAC, Mechanical equipment, and Electrical components.
- Resolve issues identified during field testing and provide direction to support team to keep system testing moving forward.
- Provide adequate turnover and report out of work completed and test results.
- Provide System/Engineering knowledge and understanding to answer or help research questions.
- Generate nonconformance reports where appropriate to capture conditions adverse to quality.
- Maintain detailed and complete records/documentation
- Provide daily feedback to update metrics that track progress, performance, and proficiency
- Use Human Performance Tools
- Working knowledge of ASME NQA-1 1994, 2008 and Addendum 2009.
- Familiar with current industry quality standards such as IEEE 384.
- Ability to prepare detailed technical reports using electronic media.
- Demonstrated commitment to Environment, Safety and Health (ES&H). Demonstrated commitment to a Zero Accident safety program.
- Must be computer-literate in word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications (e.g., Microsoft Teams, Access, & Maximo).
- Ability to adhere to all safety rules and PPE requirements (Steel or composite safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hardhat, and safety vest).
- Strong communication skills and ability to promptly respond to hazards encountered.
- Ability to adhere to all COVID rules and precautions
- Maintaina questioning attitude
- Must be able to pass nuclear security screening requirements and be able to obtain and maintain unescorted access to a nuclear power facility.
- Must possess the legal right to work in the US withoutsponsorship.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be adaptive to change.
- Extensive walking in and around a construction site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, walking on elevated platforms, walking on uneven surfaces, climbing in very small and/or confined spaces, andlifting upto 40 lbs.
Education / Experience:
- 2+ years of Nuclear Plant Testing experience is required.
- Basic to intermediate experience in field engineering activities of nuclear power and non-reactor nuclear facility EPC projects.
- Experience in construction and technical inspection of mechanical and electrical systems.
About this Employer
PIC Group, Inc., established in 1988 and headquartered in Atlanta, GA, is a global provider of service solutions to the power generation industry. PIC Group’s comprehensive portfolio of services supports all aspects of power project development including installation, outage, commissioning and start-up, operations and maintenance, documentation and training, and project support. As of March 2008, PIC Group, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marubeni Corporation, a publicly listed company headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.