Field Technician - Network OT Job
Location(s): CO - Denver
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
The Field Technician I role is network field management focused and will apply basic knowledge and working experience with networking concepts in the operation, maintenance, and management of data networks as a member of an experienced multi-vendor multi-disciplinary team. The focus of this role is to gather, and analyze network information in order to install, repair, report, or upgrade new or existing network elements. The successful candidate will be expected to work in a variable work environment that interfaces with multiple inter- and intra-office personnel/departments. This entry-intermediate level technician works with members internal and external to Xcel Energy to support Network stability.
- Field Technician I work on the Network Communications Field Service team with the primary responsibility of supporting Network Operations Management for Xcel Energy communications network.
- Be responsible for maintaining Xcel Energy and OSHA requirements for jobsite safety and security.
- Provides support and coordination for low-medium priority incidents involving designed services i.e.; DS0, T1, and Frame Relay.
- Works with team members of various business units to maintain or improve network solutions as directed. Will engage the proper level of escalation or assistance according to the standard SLA's provided by Field and vendor management. Expected to meet or exceed departmental MTTR (Mean Time to Resolve) standards set by management.
- AS/AAS in related degree field, entry level certifications or equivalent documented experience.
- 0-2 year of network field operations, experienced with switching/routing, transport, and data using layer 1 - 3 equipment or software.
- Proficient to entry-level experience and understanding of the following: OSI Model, T1 - OC192, PRI circuits and associated network element related equipment, Microwave transmission, Wireless networks, and direct-broadcast satellites, cable management, color coding, power and grounding requirements.
- Experiences in the use of network test/monitoring tools i.e.; Fluke Networks, JDSU, T-Berd.Must be willing to work diverse schedules, including an on-call rotation involving escalated scenarios.
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver's License.
- Certifications i.e.; BICSI installer 1 copper, or equivalent documented experience.
- Direct involvement with hardware repair in operations, network management, and process improvement in Enterprise environments.
- 0-1 years of field operations that includes experience with switching/routing using layers 1 -3 equipment and additional general network experience in peripheral technologies such as NOKIA, Cisco, Ciena, Infinera, Juniper, and layer 1 equipment involving T1's, DS3's, OC-level circuits.
- Experience with the triage of network systems and incident handling.
- Experience in a utility or other regulated industry.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || Technology Services || 56117:IT-Network OT Services || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $30.50 to $42.63 per hour
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 53249
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.