Field Operations Supervisor Job
Job Grade: P
Hierarchy: No - We can only hire at the posted level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
This position provides leadership to credit/collections, revenue protection, and meter reading field personnel in multiple sites. Accountable for accurate and timely field credit work, revenue protection, and data acquisition of energy meters via various technologies. Work with internal/external customers as well as third-party vendors for quick resolution of customer issues as it pertains to field credit/collection, revenue protections, and meter reading to ensure accuracy in customer information and billing integrity. Maintains responsibility to the unit for regulatory requirements, compliance with policies, procedures, standards, and implementation of labor agreements. Responsible for supply inventory and equipment levels.
- Provide leadership to employees including bargaining, where applicable. Schedules daily work to ensure all field credit/collection, revenue protection, and meter reading assignments are completed.
- Effectively manages all credit, collection, revenue protection, and data acquisition systems to ensure that all data is acquired and transmitted to credit and billing on time; Researches and processes all field orders, and data acquisition errors. Maintains data integrity through verification processes; Processes and tracks vacant premise, second, third, and fourth calls, and re-reads and start/stop requests. Determines correct route placement for new business and existing residential and commercial.
- Responsible for generating daily reports and daily verification and maintenance of field credit/collection, revenue protection, and meter reading data to ensure the integrity of the collection, and billing information; creates and assigns daily credit/collection, revenue protection, and meter reading work to field personnel. Demonstrates a solid understanding of vendor software/systems.
- Acts as point of contact for customers. Responsible for the resolution of escalated customer requests and inquiries.
- Provide visible safety leadership and drive real-time safety accountability by engaging employees through safety meeting facilitation, job briefs, training, accident investigation/event assessment, and job site observations.
- High school diploma required.
- Associate's or technical degree or equivalent job-related experience.
- 1-3 years of supervisory experience.
- 3 Years of related work experience in field credit/collections, meter reading, and customer care operations preferred
- Experience working with bargaining unit employees preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required.
- Knowledge of state regulatory requirements.
- Proven change management and process improvement skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Effective change leader with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate company/business area strategies and objectives.
- Travel is required.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - St Paul || MN - St Paul || United States (US) || Customer & Utility Innovation || 66055:Collections North || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $68,000 to $90,000 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 53437
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.