Facility Service Specialist
Facility Service Specialist
Job Requisition Number
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent, plus four (4) years relevant work experience.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Class C Driver License.
- If required by position: Valid Commercial Driver License ( CDL ). Specific endorsements may be required to be obtained within ninety (90) days of hire.
- Ability to bend, lift, walk, carry, or use a force equal to lifting up to fifty (50) pounds.
Notes to Applicants
Plans and performs basic building repairs and participates in construction/installation activities on assigned projects.Conducts site inspections and reports on maintenance needs and safety violations.Coordinates with contractors, vendors, and other divisions providing maintenance, repairs, and moves to assigned buildings.Calculates figures and compiles data and information for reports, cost estimates, etc.Prepares and maintains status reports on projects.
Monitors lease agreements, maintenance contracts, equipment installation contracts, and construction contracts.Researches information as requested or needed.Answers questions from internal and external customers.
Working with Austin Energy provides a number of health and welfare benefits such as low-cost medical, dental, vision, paid leave time, a highly competitive retirement plan, career development opportunities and more. Please click HERE for more information.
- The City of Austin employment application is an official document; incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Please be sure to detail on the application all current and previous employment that you wish to be considered as part of your qualifications.
- The Employment Record should be complete with job titles, employment dates, job duties, functions, and responsibilities for each position held. Starting salary will be based on overall relevant experience from your application.
- Resumes will not be accepted and statements such as "see resume" will not be accepted. You may use "N/A" for fields that are not applicable.
- Please note that Austin Energy may close the job posting at any time after 7 days from the date of the initial advertisement. Once the job posting has closed, applications cannot be changed.
- Your skill level in some of the competency areas for this job may be assessed through skills testing.
If you are selected as a top candidate:
- Verification of your education (which may include high school graduation or GED , undergraduate and/or graduate degrees) will be required. You must provide proof of education from an accredited organization/institution.
- If you are identified as a top candidate and are in the military or a veteran, you will need to provide a copy of your DD-214 prior to confirming a start date.
- This position requires a criminal background investigation.
- This position is categorized as Essential Personnel with the City of Austin. Essential staff are required to work during emergencies or bad weather if they are scheduled to work and, in some cases, when they are not scheduled. Essential employees ensure the continuance of key operations for the City of Austin.
- Work hours may include after hours, holidays, and weekends.
- Shifts may change according to departmental needs.
- Employee may be required to work additional hours outside of regular work schedule.
This position requires a Valid Texas Class C Driver's License or the ability to acquire oneby your hire date. External New Hires must meet the City of Austin's Driver Record Evaluation ( DRE ) requisite.
To be considered for a driving position, applicants cannot have more than three moving violations or a total of six Driver Record Evaluation points within a period of thirty-six (36) months.
$26.99 - $32.70
Monday - Friday; 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. in addition to afterhours/weekends/holidays when required
Job Close Date
Type of Posting
Grant Funded or Pooled Position
- Experience working with service providers
- Experience working with a computerized maintenance management system
- Experience using Microsoft office suite
- Polished written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (24/7)
- Ability to travel to multiple sites as part of regular job duties
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
Responsibilities - Supervisor and/or Leadership Exercised:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of facility maintenance.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and Local laws.
- Knowledge of City practices, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of fiscal planning and budget preparation.
- Knowledge of general maintenance practices.
- Knowledge of monitoring of contracts and/or vendors.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Skill in planning and organizing.
- Ability to coordinate contract work crews providing maintenance and repairs to a variety of building sites.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other City employees and the public.
Criminal Background Investigation
This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation.
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or Texas Relay by dialing 7-1-1.
The City of Austin will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, religion, veteran status, disability, or sexual orientation. In addition, the City will not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of an individual's AIDS , AIDS Related Complex, or HIV status; nor will the City discriminate against individuals who are perceived to be at risk of HIV infection, or who associate with individuals who are believed to be at risk.
About this Employer
Austin Energy is one of the largest publicly owned electric utilities in the nation, providing low-cost reliable power to more than 500,000 customers and more than 1 million residents. Our mission is to deliver clean, affordable, reliable energy and excellent customer service.
We are industry leaders in conservation and renewable energy, developing some of the most comprehensive energy efficiency programs in the nation. We purchase renewable energy from wind, solar and biomass facilities to minimize our impact on the environment, and are recognized as a top-ranked Texas utility for green power sales.
As a publicly owned utility, we do more than provide power to our customers. We participate in dozens of community outreach events each year, contribute to Austin’s economic growth and continue to make strides in our commitment to environmental excellence.