Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as a Facility Manager.
Our team works an on-site 4x10 schedule located at our REC facility with every Friday off!
- Responsible for safe and efficient facility operations that enable the performance of research through facility and systems availability.
- This includes the operation and maintenance of those primary and secondary/support systems which may include but are not limited to the following: HVAC, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and electronic systems.
- Assumes ownership of facility issues, tenant relations, and coordination of activities.
- Promotes and implements building management policy, procedures, and methods related to building service and performance measures in accordance with the established Tenant Use Agreement (TUA) and requirements documents.
- Work with facility operations, project integrator, crafts, subcontractors, and construction management to perform work in assigned buildings in a professional manner.
- Ensure buildings are in a ready-to-use state (i.e. clean rest rooms, light bulbs replaced, building is clean).
- Explains, promotes, and implements building management policies, procedures, and methods relating to building services and performance measures.
- Identifies potential improvements and efficiencies and implements changes. Provides support for organizational storefront for facilities and resources for tenants and programs.
- Collaborates with F&SS operations and maintenance staff to ensure facilities systems can deliver at expected efficiency and quality levels by optimizing maintenance of those systems and developing and implementing plant and divisional projects. Ensures Preventive Maintenance (PM) tasks are current.
- Work with management to identify and develop goals, metrics, and actions for continuous improvement.
- Works with tenants, operations leads and necessary partners to establish and maintain TUAs for their facilities. Maintains a good working relationship with building representatives in leased facilities to ensure compliance with associated lease agreements.
- Works closely with the Complex Engineer, Project Liaison, appropriate Project Manager, the REC Operations and Maintenance Managers and others to understand upcoming construction, program, or project needs.
- Works with the REC Facility Complex Engineer or assigned Project Manager to ensure an as-built drawings for their facilities are current and redlines have been incorporated.
- Ensures that all components identified in the drawings are installed and in working order and appropriate PMs have been written and are in the system for issue.
- The REC Facility Manager participates in facility system assessments which include system health, short/long-term planning, and strategic investments.
- PR0200: Bachelors degree in Engineering, Facilities Engineering or related technical field plus 2 years' experience; or an Advanced degree plus 1 year experience in industrial maintenance/facilities operation, maintenance, engineering and prior supervisory experience; or 10 years of experience in industrial maintenance/facilities operations, maintenance, engineering and prior supervisor experience in lieu of degree.
- PR0300: Bachelors degree in Engineering, Facilities Engineering or related technical field plus 5 years' experience; or an Advanced degree plus 3 years experience in industrial maintenance/facilities operation, maintenance, engineering and prior supervisory experience; or 13 years of experience in industrial maintenance/facilities operations, maintenance, engineering and prior supervisor experience in lieu of degree.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an active "L" clearance.
- Position requires thorough knowledge of methods, processes, and competency in areas of safety and environmental compliance including knowledge of associated federal, state, and company regulations.
- Demonstrated proficiency in INL computer applications and business systems such as Microsoft Office, preventive maintenance and e-mail programs.
- Candidates must possess a strong bias for action, be self starters with initiative, exceptional communication skills (both written and oral) and the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Proven experience working and communicating with staff, engineers, craft supervisors, and managers, internal and external customers.
- Must have the ability to work effectively with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), P6 Scheduling, and instruct others on its operation.
- A working understanding of Safety Regulations and International Building Codes.
- In facility areas, personnel will be exposed to all weather conditions, noise, dusts and odors.
- Must be able to frequently climb inclined stairways and vertical ladders and must be able to walk to and from job sites.
- Must be knowledgeable of disaster planning, emergency preparedness and general facility safety.
- Must reside within a one-hour commute of assigned facilities due to On-Call considerations.
- Understanding of DOE Orders, INL work control, safety and environmental, and project management processes is desirable.
- Must be able to bring creativity, mature judgment, and business insight to foster an F&SS organization that is more effective, efficient, and customer service oriented to support a one-mission laboratory.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy "L" / "Q" clearance, which requires US Citizenship.
- Job Information
- Salary Grade: 190/200
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- TDP: This is a testing designated position; you will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and periodic drug testing throughout the term of your employment.
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting and the selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on depth and breadth of proven experience and skills.
Growing INL: An Overview of New Facilities and Capabilities
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements
To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
COVID Safety Protocols
As a condition of employment, Idaho National Laboratory will inquire about COVID vaccination status and expects candidates to comply with all required COVID safety protocols, including mask-wearing as applicable.
Idaho National Laboratory has implemented a required vaccination policy effective immediately requiring that all new hires must be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, unless exempt under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, or other applicable state or federal law. In accordance with Idaho National Laboratory's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits, Salary, and Relocation
We have an extremely competitive salary structure and phenomenal benefits. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview/
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.