Facilities Serviceperson Job
Hierarchy: No - We can only hire at the posted level
Union Position: Bargaining
We anticipate the need for one or more Facilities Serviceperson to be located at 414 Nicollet Mall building and will be responsible for the 401/414 Nicollet Mall Campus. The starting rate of pay for this position is $23.89. This job will be posted for 10 working days from August 26th, 2022- to September 9th, 2022.
Perform minor building maintenance and repairs, furniture and furniture systems, grounds keeping duties, snow removal, some cleaning and sweeping, setting up conference rooms and audio/visual equipment, and changing light bulbs. This position is from 1:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. May require travel to other sites within the Metro West region.
1) Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
2) Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and written form and have computer skills to schedule work via facilities services work order request system.
3) Must have high mechanical aptitude.
4) Must be available for emergency call-out for overtime assignments.
5) Must have a working knowledge of hand tools and small hand-held power tools.
6) Must have valid Minnesota Driver's License.
7) Must be able to perform work from ladders, scaffolding and in high and confined areas.
8) Must be able to lift 60 pounds safely.
9) Will be required to obtain a forklift certification.
10) Must be able to perform duties such as : changing light bulbs, perform minor building maintenance and repair tasks, moving and repair of furniture and furniture systems, grounds keeping duties, dock operations, delivery duties and cleaning tasks.
11) Must be able to operate a power sweeper, snow blower and lawn maintenance equipment.
12) Must have two (2) years of formal education in commercial building maintenance or equivalent experience.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Human Resources & Employee Svc || 06890:Facility Services NSPM || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $23.89 per hour
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Pension, 401(k) plan
Requisition Number: 49804
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.