Facilities Engineer Senior
Salt River Project
Provide engineering support to Facilities Services and other groups within the Salt River Project. Expertise is required in building systems, energy efficiency, water efficiency, sustainability, and life cycle cost analyses.
This opening is for the facilities engineering position within the Facilities Services Group, which is responsible for the construction, operation, and maintenance of the non-generating facilities within SRP. The person in this position provides essential engineering support to the subgroups within Facilities Services and other groups within SRP. Expertise in building systems, energy efficiency, water efficiency, sustainability, life cycle cost analysis, and the facilities construction process are essential for success in this position. In addition to quality self-performance of individual tasks, the facilities engineer is responsible for inspiring excellent performance from third party consultants and contractors assisting Facilities Services. Desirable knowledge, skills, and abilities include the following:
• Knowledge of building systems design, construction, commissioning, operation, and maintenance.
• Knowledge of contractual documents and processes for the design, bidding, and construction phases of projects.
• Knowledge of building automation systems.
• Skilled at developing the scope of work associated with the building systems of a project.
• Skilled at reviewing construction drawings and specifications for compliance with codes, standards, and project objectives.
• Skilled at performing onsite inspections of construction work in progress for compliance with the construction documents, codes, and standards.
• Skilled at providing engineering guidance and support to others within Facilities Services.
• Skilled at developing solutions to challenging issues and assisting others to do the same.
• Ability to cultivate and maintain positive business relationships with others possessing differing backgrounds and points of view.
• Ability to utilize computer aided drafting software programs.
• Ability to design new work and modifications associated with building systems.
• Ability to develop budget cost estimates for the engineering aspects of construction projects.
• Ability to draw controls diagrams and write sequences of operation for building systems.
• Ability to navigate within the graphics interface of a building automation system to evaluate the performance of building systems and troubleshoot issues.
• Ability to develop a working knowledge of building systems not related to your primary engineering discipline.
Completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited curriculum, an International Engineering Alliance (IEA) recognized institution, ABET Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA) or any state or internationally recognized PE registration.
Five (5) years full time experience actively engaged in engineering practice. Must have demonstrated the successful accomplishment of work of the nature defined for the job of Senior Engineer.
Promotion to Level 2 requires a minimum of two years of experience at Level 1; demonstrated capability to perform advanced and more difficult work as determined by the supervisor. Promotion to Senior Level requires a minimum of three years of experience at Level 2; is fully competent in all aspects of functional area of assignment and as such would be recognized as a specialist in area of assignment and may have periodic or occasional lead responsibilities.
Certifications or Testing Required
Must possess the appropriate valid Arizona driver's license.
Professional EngineeringRegistration in the State of Arizona or the ability to obtain it within six months of hiring date is preferred.
Requisition ID: 14530
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Salt River Project (SRP) recognizes diversity and inclusion as key drivers of innovation and growth, and seeks to attract a diverse employee base that reflects our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other protected status under applicable federal, state or local law. Ultimately, SRP aspires to fully apply the power of diversity and inclusion to build a more equitable and sustainable future for our customers, employees and community.
Drug/Alcohol Policy Statement
In order to promote the safety and well-being of our employees, customers and the communities we serve, SRP is committed to maintaining a drug/alcohol free work environment. Although marijuana may now be legal in Arizona, except as otherwise specified under Arizona law, SRP considers it to be an illegal drug for the purpose of our drug/alcohol policy because marijuana remains illegal at the federal level. Any candidate found to be impaired during the hiring process or who has the presence of an illegal drug or unauthorized substance in their system during the pre-employment drug/alcohol test may be disqualified from further consideration in the hiring process.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
Why Work at SRP
SRP's success is rooted in our employees' happiness, health and safety. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
• 401(k) plan with employer matching
• Retirement pension
• Paid vacation
• Parental leave
• Holiday pay
• Sick leave
• Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
• Wellness programs
• Pre-tax benefits
• Short and long-term disability plans
• Tuition assistance
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
About this Employer
SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. providing electricity to approximately one million customers in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power. SRP continues to adapt to its changing business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.