Experience Design Manager Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Lead a group of Customer Experience Designers, User Experience Designers and Content Strategists responsible for the end-to-end customer experiences for new products/services and improvements to existing products/services and channels. This role is accountable for experience design strategy development, planning and compliance in order to deliver a high quality, low customer effort experience resulting in improved customer satisfaction and growth opportunities.
- Develop/evaluate opportunities to optimize user flows, product experiences and resolve service issues.
- Align overall brand standards with user experience design of products/services (e.g., UI, UX, copy).
- Partner with segment leads customer care, channel managers and product managers to design customer experiences across channels to deliver target performance outcomes (e.g. awareness, conversion, sales, service experience, etc.).
- Drive and champion design needs to leadership. Manage the team to provide prioritization, design facilitation for the organization, prototyping capability and recommendations for product & services experiences in accordance to the brand.
- Drive market research requirements.
- Responsible for hiring, developing, training, coaching, counseling and rewarding a group of professional employees.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, project management, psychology, design or related fields or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- 9 years of experience in business, marketing, project management, psychology, design or related fields.
- Problems faced are usually difficult and extremely complex.
- Ability to lead through ambiguity and influence both tactical immediate decisions and longer-term strategies.
- Customer led experience; trained in the use of basic CX concepts such as journey maps, design thinking, path to purchase, customer experience metrics and measurements.
- Management/Supervisory experience.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis; CO - Denver || United States (US) || Technology Services || 31125:Digital Experience & Prod Mgmt || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $119,000 to $169,666 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 53072
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.