Executive Staff Assistant
Georgia System Operations Corporation
Provides administrative support to VP of Shared Services Administration Office and Board Administration.
Required Qualifications :
Education : High School Diploma.
Experience : Four-six years secretarial experience; legal secretary or board administration/recording secretary experience preferred but not required.
Equivalent Experience : GED and four-six years secretarial experience as described above.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Microsoft Word, Excel (graphs), PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Accounting related skills and attention to detail for administering accounts payable function.
- Self-motivated to independently identify issues to be resolved.
- Communication skills for writing, proofreading and attention to detail.
- Communication skills for working with Board members and senior management.
- Organizational skills (able to handle multiple tasks.)
- Customer Service skills in responding to requests for information.
- Handle confidential information with discretion.
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations: Business/secretarial certificate preferred but not required.
Travel : 2-3 meetings per year: Annual Meeting in March; Advisory Board in November (and possibly September) that also may require Sunday travel or an overnight.
Unusual hours : Some overtime required.
About this Employer
Georgia System Operations Corporation is an independent, not-for-profit system operations company owned by our Members: 38 of Georgia’s distribution electric membership corporations (the Member Systems), Oglethorpe Power Corporation and Georgia Transmission Corporation. As the system operator, GSOC ensures reliable, independent system operations by controlling and monitoring electric generation, transmission and distribution assets owned by Oglethorpe Power Corporation, Georgia Transmission Corporation, Smarr EMC, the Member Systems and their power supply partners. The company enables its Members’ participation in the energy market in Georgia and the Southeast by providing a range of operations services that allow our Members to transact, optimize and account for their business in the wholesale energy market.