Environmental Support and Services Operations Specialist
Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Environmental Support and Services group is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as an Environmental Support and Services Operations Specialist! This team works an on-site 9x80 schedule located at our Idaho Falls facility with every other Friday off.
- Provide technical contribution to Environmental Support & Services (ES&S) management team for the development and implementation of continual improvement initiatives.
- Function as the primary point of contact in coordination with ES&S management, ES&S Technical Points of Contact (TPOCs) and working with numerous other organizations for programmatic development and implementation ensuring the appropriate level of technical content is in ES&S programs, procedures, and policies.
- Develop and maintain an ES&S Contract Deliverable Requirements List (CDRL) change control process to ensure any CDRL changes are appropriately reflected in ES&S procedures, documents, and website files.
- Participate in ES&S Change Management initiatives.
- Coordinate with ES&S Technical Points of Contact to identify historic consent orders that are no longer applicable and develop a process to terminate them.
- Maintain ES&S Institutional Knowledge Database and ensure the database is up to date and maintained.
- Maintain ES&S training Program Description Document and ES&S discipline specific job code development and maintenance.
- Serve as a POC of Ad Hoc informational requests from internal and external customers and delegate to appropriate ES&S personnel.
- Level 1- Bachelor's Degree or 8 years relevant education/experience in lieu of a degree.
- Level 2- Bachelor's Degree plus 2 years relevant experience or 10 years relevant education/experience in lieu of a degree.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Relevant Experience consists of, but not limited to: Familiarity with BEA operations, environmental management system and other enterprise systems/applications.
- Experience with BEA enterprise systems.
- Salary Grade 170 ($54,192 - $86,760) / Salary Grade 180 ($60,984 - $97,584)
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting, and the selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on depth and breadth of proven experience and skills.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities, and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL men born after December 31, 1959, must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
INL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide EEO to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide your resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits & Salary:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and a phenomenal benefits package. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.