Environmental Analyst V - Air Quality Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
The successful candidate must have experience with air quality permitting processes, preferablyin Minnesota. Additional experience in the following areas is required for consideration for this position: New Source Performance Standards, New Source Review regulations, air quality dispersion modeling and electric power generation operations. The successful candidate must have project management experience and demonstrated ability to apply for and obtain complex air emission permits. A working knowledge of air quality regulations and computer applications is necessary for this position. This position is based out of the 414 Nicollet Mall office in Minneapolis, MN.
- Plans and conducts multiple, medium-to-large, and complex projects designed to minimize deficiencies and ensure compliance with regulations and permits. Directs large site assessment/investigations/remediation projects as necessary. (Major areas may include: auditing, air permitting and compliance, water/wastewater permitting and compliance, land quality, radiological, above ground and underground storage tanks, emergency plans, DOT compliance, FAA safety regulations, and hazardous, liquid and solid waste disposal.)
- Consults on and negotiates on complex license and permit applications and agency inspection response actions to ensure compliance and favorable outcomes for Xcel with respect to existing federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Serves as a regulatory liaison between facilities and federal, state, and local agencies. Testifies at environmental hearings to support company position on environmental regulatory development.
- Designs and directs data collection, strategic studies, evaluations, and report development to support environmental regulatory requirements at Xcel facilities, proposed legislation, and/or emerging public issues, operating permit limits and/or potential environmental regulatory noncompliance.
- Develops training lesson plan content that meets Xcel Academy standards, maintains instructor qualifications, and provides regulatory compliance training to Xcel personnel as is regulatory required and/or customer requested.
- Monitors statutes, regulations, licenses, and/or permits for potential impacts to facility operations. Reviews proposed regulations, licenses, and/or permits to determine potential impacts to facility operations. Serves as the lead reviewer coordinating comments from others into a single company position recommendation.
- Prepares requests for proposals, contract agreements, and project estimates. Supports and/or selects and manages consultants and contractors.
- Assists others in developing, refining and implementing the strategic goals and objectives of Xcel Energy. Contributes to process teams concerning budget and regulatory compliance.
- Evaluates outcomes of incidents, regulatory inspections and internal audits of company owned facilities, contractors, and/or outside disposal facilities and conducts and/or assesses root cause analysis to ensure corrective actions adequately address the problem and non-compliance conditions are not repeated. Provides support for emergency environmental incidents as necessary.
- BS/BA in environmental science, engineering, applied science, or related fields (Note: An Associate college degree in areas of environmental or applied science and three years of progressive responsibilities in related work experience may be substituted for the education requirement. The following additional advanced education in the field can be substituted for related work experience: MS/MA/MBA = 2 years; PhD/J.D. = 3 years.)
- Eight years of progressively responsible environmental related work experience including, but not limited to:
- Environmental regulations
- Remedial procedures
- Audit procedures
- Power generation processes
- Demonstrated skills in technical writing, verbal communication, and negotiations.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Operations || 42425:Env MN WI AQ WQ Renew || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $77,000 to $109,666 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 47306
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.