Environmental Analyst III -Hazardous and Industrial Waste Job
Hierarchy: No - We can only hire at the posted level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Xcel Energy is seeking to fill an Environmental Analyst III position to be located in Minneapolis, MN. The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of RCRA, TSCA, and Industrial Waste compliance programs. The position will provide compliance support to Xcel Energy facilities in Minnesota, South Dakota, North Dakota, and Wisconsin. The preferred candidate will have two or more years of experience with hazardous and/or industrial waste disposal, hazardous waste license renewals, manifesting and shipping paper preparation, and waste sampling for analysis. Previous experience with RCRA waste lab packing is desirable.
Designs, implements, and administers broad environmental studies and compliance programs and is responsible for securing and renewing permits and licenses. Practices originality and ingenuity on relatively difficult and complex issues. Works under minimal supervision conferring primarily on unusual matters and has appreciable latitude for unreviewed actions and/or decisions. Occasionally participates on special work teams, and may act as a coordinator or technical consultant on small projects. May occasionally be assisted by Environmental Analyst I and II personnel. Possesses and applies broad knowledge of environmental theories, principles, techniques and related work disciplines and applies it along with related work experience in completing difficult job assignments.
- Designs and develops environmental procedures and programs designed to minimize deficiencies and ensure compliance with existing federal, state, and local regulations, licenses, and permits pertaining to environmental control at the corporation's facilities. (Major areas may include air, water quality, and land quality; liquid and solid waste disposal, above ground and underground storage tanks, radiation, emergency plans, DOT compliance with pipeline and transportation and FAA safety regulations.)
- Designs and administers studies and monitoring programs. Conducts research, and prepares and/or reviews data required to support permit applications, regulatory reports, management plans and performance indicators.
- Prepares technical reports and permit applications based on the interpretation of data, observations, and current regulations.
- Performs in-depth environmental reviews and inspections to facilitate compliance with applicable regulations. Conducts environmental assessment of sites and facilities to minimize corporate risk and liability.
- Provides technical guidance and formal regulatory required and requested environmental training and guidance to facility personnel and outside contractors to promote environmental compliance.
- As requested, reviews and comments on proposed new regulations and legislation as to its potential impact on each business unit. Once adopted, assist facilities in any modifications to procedures, processes or operation to come into compliance.
- Assists with budget preparation and works to implement programs within budget, time and regulatory constraints.
- Upon request, provides technical assistance to emergency incidents at facilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, Applied Science or related field (Associate's degree in areas of environmental or applied science and three years of progressive responsibilities in environmental related work experience may be substituted for the education)
- 4 years of professional environmental-related work experience
- 2 or more years of experience with hazardous and/or industrial waste disposal.
- 2 or more years of experience with hazardous waste license renewal and manifesting and/or shipping paper preparation.
- Previous experience with RCRA waste lab packing is desirable.
- Proficient in MS Office and SharePoint.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Operations and Generation || 42450:Env MN WI Admin/Waste/PEA || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $58,000 to $76,000 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 48881
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.