Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Enterprise Architecture group is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as an Enterprise Architect! Our team works a remote 9x80 schedule with every other Friday off.
- Responsible for information system enterprise architecture including aligning long term goals and strategy to practical solutions. proof of concept development, initial solutions implementation oversight and system sustainability planning
- Develop system architecture and solutions based on laboratory needs.
- Perform the implementation, facilitation, analysis and design tasks for strategic IT projects.
- Provide leadership and guidance to IM to ensure strategic direction is being followed from an operational perspective.
- Lead multi-functional teams for the promotion, development, and implementation of architecture standards, technical solutions, and process improvement opportunities for the laboratory to achieve its mission and strategic objectives.
- Be a member of the solutions and implementation team dedicated to the enablement of new capabilities and services.
- Responsible for IaaS/PaaS/SaaS cloud architecture and engineering aligned with cyber security controls.
- Focus on repeatability, establishing standard processes and governance.
- Responsible to coach and train members of IM in the effective use of standards and tools within the established architecture.
- Document standard processes of software engineering and software defined services.
- Work with IM management to perform issue problem diagnosis, option generation and resolution management.
- Lead process improvements resulting in more effective software architecture and management of data.
- Work with customers and data owners/stewards to identify requirements and expected outcomes.
- Model and frame business scenarios that are significant and which impact critical business processes and/or decisions.
- Analyze enterprise business drivers and requirements to determine appropriate technical solutions and standards.
- Analyze the IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Analyze technology industry and market trends and to determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
- Define the principles that guide technology decisions and implementation activities for the enterprise.
- Design and lead the implementation of solutions based on business requirements and IT strategies, as well as to rectify gaps and difficulties within the current state.
- Assist with designing and implementing governance activities associated with strategic projects.
- Lead the development of a future state architecture that spans appreciation of development, networks, security, infrastructure.
- Document the technical architecture design, analysis work, standards, and future state architecture.
- Level 3: Bachelors Degree plus 5 years experience with one or more of the following architecture domains: application development, cloud infrastructure, cyber security, network infrastructure, data center or 13 years relevant experience in lieu of a degree.
- Level 4: Bachelors Degree plus 8 years experience with one or more of the following architecture domains: application development, cloud infrastructure, cyber security, network infrastructure, data center or 16 years relevant experience in lieu of a degree.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy "Q" clearance, which requires US Citizenship.
- Ability to effectively implement from concept to operational implementation.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in areas such as collaboration, facilitation and negotiation.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to understand the long-term (big picture) and short-term perspectives of situations.
- Ability to apply technical solutions to business problems that span all architecture domains.
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
- Remains unbiased toward any specific technology or vendor choice; is more interested in results than personal preferences.
- Is motivated by long term results.
- Ability to communicate with both business and technical audiences.
- Ability to obtain industry cloud and development certifications
- Salary Grade: 210 / 220
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting and the selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on depth and breadth of proven experience and skills.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL men born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
INL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide EEO to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
COVID Safety Protocols:
As a condition of employment, INL will inquire about COVID vaccination status and expects candidate compliance with all required COVID safety protocols, including mask-wearing as applicable.
INL has implemented a required vaccination policy effective immediately requiring all new hires must be vaccinated against COVID - 19 as a condition of employment, unless exempt under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, or other applicable state or federal law. In accordance with INL's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide your resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits & Salary:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and a phenomenal benefits package. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.