Enterprise Applications Developer
Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Software Services group is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as an Enterprise Applications Developer! This team works a remote 9x80 schedule with every other Friday off.
- Maintain Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTs) applications, including e-Power and Adlib.
- Participates in designing, coding, testing, correcting, and documenting large and complex programs and program modifications.
- Provide technical support in the completion of complex application development and quality delivery.
- Collaborates in selecting and using tools and methods to establish, clarify and communicate the user experience, users' characteristics, and tasks.
- Identifies the technical, organizational, and physical environment in which complex products or systems will operate.
- Continues to develop and maintain specialist knowledge of database concepts, object and data modeling techniques, design principles, and detailed knowledge of database architectures and software.
- Performs database and web/middleware routine tasks independently of supplied specifications using agreed standards and tools to achieve a well-engineered result, using REST and Web-API.
- Participate/assist with designing structures and tools for systems that meet business needs.
- Takes part in reviews of own work and participates in reviews of colleagues' work for quality checks.
- Embrace and ensure compliance with safety and security requirements, be aware of site and town hazards as you approach each job task.
- Level 2- Bachelors plus 2 years' experience or 10 years relevant experience in lieu of a bachelor's degree.
- Level 3- Bachelors plus 5 years' experience, Advanced Degree and 3 years' experience or 13 years relevant experience in lieu of a bachelor's degree.
- Applicants are subject to the requirements of DOE O 142.3B, Unclassified Foreign National Access Program.
- Experience developing in PL/SQL.
- Experience using SQL and ORACLE databases in application development.
- A proficient understanding of database concepts and design principles.
- The ability to be a solid teammate and effectively organize and lead tasks.
- Ability to communicate with both business and technical audiences.
- Excellent customer interpersonal skills and team collaboration skills.
- Experience with COTs packages ePower, Adlib (or other pdf conversion software).
- Experience installing and patching COTs applications on Windows and Linux platforms.
- Salary Grade 200 ($81,288 - $134,100) / Salary Grade 210 ($93,492 - $154,212)
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting, and the selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on depth and breadth of proven experience and skills.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL men born after December 31, 1959, must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
INL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide EEO to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide your resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits & Salary:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and a phenomenal benefits package. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.