Engineering Tech Sr
This position is posted until filled.
Department: Distribution Engineering
Engineering Tech SR
Salary Grade: G07
Minimum Midpoint Maximum
$66,267 - $87,804 - $109,340
Personnel in this job title may be covered by NERC CIP cyber security standards. If the position is covered, prior to being hired, promoted, or transferred into the position, the candidate must successfully pass a Personnel Risk Assessment, which includes identity verification and a criminal background check. Prior to being granted unescorted access to cyber secure areas, the candidate must attend cyber security training. Annual cyber security training is also required.
Given the financial nature of this position, this position may be required to obtain a credit check depending on location. If the position is covered, prior to being hired, promoted, or transferred into the position, the candidate must successfully pass a credit background check.
Under limited supervision, acts as lead support to engineers and applies advanced electrical, mechanical, and civil engineering knowledge to design and coordinate very complex and large projects and assignments. Functions within the engineering areas in a capacity directly impacting the maintenance and improvement of level of service to customers, system operation, and reliability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicates in writing and verbally with customers, company personnel, outside agencies and other utilities for purposes of project negotiations, assistance, information gathering, and departmental support
- Applies mathematical, economic, and risk analysis, advanced electrical, civil and mechanical knowledge and experience to the design, preparation, and coordination or the most complex projects
- Performs field inspections to ensure compliance with complex material, equipment, contract or design specifications
- Leads other department technicians by establishing project schedules, delegating and monitoring assignments, verifying work on assignments, and providing input to supervisor for performance appraisals
- Understands and applies expert knowledge of applicable codes, specifications, standards, engineering practices, and principals to area of responsibility
- Generates or analyzes computer data
- Prepares, verifies, and evaluates a wide variety of engineering drawings, charts, graphs, and prints
- May prepare and review routine customer or project related contracts
- Independently negotiates internally and externally and makes decisions impacting projects
- Provides training and assistance to other technicians, and may assist in orientation or training of entry-level engineers
- Provides information to assist in department budgeting
- Functions in a lead role to other department technicians including establishing project schedules, delegating, and monitoring assignments, verifying work on assignments, and providing input to supervisor for performance appraisals
- Expert knowledge of applicable codes, specifications, standards and engineering practices and principals to area of responsibility
- Ability to gather and synthesize complex or diverse information
- Extensive background of theoretical and practical knowledge to develop solutions or recommendations to concurrent projects and issues
- Ability to recognize and define objectives requiring action
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university with five to seven years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and or experience related to the discipline
- Business needs dictate that the incumbent must routinely perform the identified tasks 75% of the time.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must possess a current, legally valid driver's license and meet the company's driving record requirements.
- Ability to read and interpret documents
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis
- Working knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software
- Ability to develop new computer applications for the department's use as needed, and use computers to generate or analyze data to perform work in area of responsibility
ANALYSIS AND PROBLEM-SOLVING ABILITY:
- Advanced ability to solve practical problems with minimal technical direction from Senior Engineers.
- Ability to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. In depth networking with other internal departments.
- Job assignments typically require algebra, and may require trigonometry.
- Regularly required to sit up to 2/3 of the time.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Office and/or field environment.
- Certain areas of the Company may require extensive field work and exposure to the environment in all weather conditions.
- Promotions are based on business need for duties to be performed, in addition to employee qualifications.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
PNM Resources and affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. Women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans are encouraged to apply.
About this Employer
PNM Resources is an energy holding company based in Albuquerque, N.M., with 2020 consolidated operating revenues of $1.5 billion. Through its regulated utilities, PNM and TNMP, PNM Resources provides electricity to approximately 800,000 homes and businesses in New Mexico and Texas. PNM serves its customers with a diverse mix of generation and purchased power resources totaling 3.0 gigawatts of capacity, with a goal to achieve 100% emissions-free energy by 2040. PNM Resources is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange as PNM.
PNM Resources strives to create enduring value for customers, communities and shareholders built on a foundation of Environmental, Social and Governance Principles. At the core of our business we are focused on our Vision, our Purpose and our Values.