This position is posted until filled.
Department: Project Management
Experience with transmission assessments, generator interconnections, load interconnections, and the ERCOT RPG process
Familiarty with ERCOT Nodal Protocols, ERCOT Market Guides, ERCOT working groups, and PUCT Substantive rules.
Strog experience with Seimens PSS/E and working knowledge of ASPEN OneLiner, MathCAD, and AutoCAD.
Experience with the suite of NERC Reliability Standards and direct experience with TPL, FAC, MOD, and CIP standards
Understanding of high voltage electrical transmission lines and substation equipment, cyberscurity, and protective relaying.
Salary Grade: G05
Minimum Midpoint Maximum
$86,016 - $116,120 - $146,226
Personnel in this job title may be covered by NERC CIP cyber security standards. If the position is covered, prior to being hired, promoted, or transferred into the position, the candidate must successfully pass a Personnel Risk Assessment, which includes identity verification and a criminal background check. Prior to being granted unescorted access to cyber secure areas, the candidate must attend cyber security training. Annual cyber security training is also required.
Given the financial nature of this position, this position may be required to obtain a credit check depending on location. If the position is covered, prior to being hired, promoted, or transferred into the position, the candidate must successfully pass a credit background check.
Responsible for the overall direction and supervision of a section or functional unit involved in the design and construction of generation, transmission, or distribution capital, operation, and maintenance activities; supervises, trains, and directs engineers and technical personnel and provides administrative support to management; works on specific engineering projects from inception through completion; and is responsible for the execution of goals, programs, and projects within an engineering functional unit or section.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, coordinates, supervises, and directs engineers and senior technical staff.
- Plans, coordinates, and directs large projects or a number of smaller projects.
- Delegates task and project assignments to associates.
- Promotes awareness and compliance with corporate EEO, AA, and loss control policies.
- Provides budgetary input for the area to the appropriate person or department.
- Ensures compliance with codes, rules and regulations, policies, and standards for all work completed.
- Handles employee related matters such as performance appraisals, approving absences, on-the-job training, and counseling.
- Recommends necessary changes in Company engineering and construction standards.
- Provides input for long-range distribution, sub-transmission, transmission and generation planning.
- Ensures compliance and successful implementation of various contracts.
- Provides input to job scheduling of construction activities.
- Determines engineering criteria for service to customers and users.
- Performs engineering work for large projects or a number of smaller projects.
- Plans, organizes, and supervises a small staff of Engineers and/or Engineering Technicians.
- Broad knowledge of engineering precedents in specialty area and in related specialty areas.
- Working knowledge of supervisory principles.
- Ability to manage projects on time and within budget.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in Engineering with five to seven years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience related to the discipline.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must possess a current, legally valid driver's license and meet the company's driving record requirements.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write complex correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in group situations and respond to questions from customers, clients, management, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Working knowledge of database, spreadsheet, and word processing software
ANALYSIS AND PROBLEM-SOLVING ABILITY:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit up to 2/3 of the time
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Field/Construction environment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
PNM Resources and affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. Women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans are encouraged to apply.
About this Employer
PNM Resources is an energy holding company based in Albuquerque, N.M., with 2020 consolidated operating revenues of $1.5 billion. Through its regulated utilities, PNM and TNMP, PNM Resources provides electricity to approximately 800,000 homes and businesses in New Mexico and Texas. PNM serves its customers with a diverse mix of generation and purchased power resources totaling 3.0 gigawatts of capacity, with a goal to achieve 100% emissions-free energy by 2040. PNM Resources is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange as PNM.
PNM Resources strives to create enduring value for customers, communities and shareholders built on a foundation of Environmental, Social and Governance Principles. At the core of our business we are focused on our Vision, our Purpose and our Values.