Engineering Collaboration Specialist
Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Advanced Test Reactor (ATR) Design and Drafting group is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as an Engineering Collaboration Specialist.
Our team works an on-site 4x10 schedule located at our ATR facility with every Friday off!
- Design, fabrication, and installation of new reactor systems and hardware components.
- Collaborate with ATR design engineers to document designs, maintain configuration management, interface between the department design engineers and drafters, and assist with specifications and procurement of materials for project upgrades/replacements, fabrication and installation.
- Collaborate with design engineers to provide 3D files for engineering and machine shop use.
- Develop new 3D models and maintain/update current 2D drawings.
- Become proficient in the configuration management process for ATR drawings and related hardware
- Assist with training of department engineers and drafters to ensure that configuration management requirements and processes are understood and implemented.
- Develop releasable fabrication drawings through application of empirical knowledge, design standards and practices.
- Drafting checking and approval of releasable drawings.
- Provide design recommendations to the engineering team, prepare complex new drawings and perform drawing changes consistent with company and nationally recognized procedures and standards. This will include 2D line work and 3D modeling.
- Provide guidance and input on, and contribute to, the determination of drawing elements, i.e. dimensions, tolerances, part/component selection and design and process. Provide documentation support and recommendations to Design Engineers.
- Participate with design engineer in development of new concepts.
- Minimum requirements include a Bachelor's degree and 2 years relevant experience. 10 years of experience can be used in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with Electrical, Structural, and Mechanical drafting/design techniques to facilitate the development of engineering design drawings is required.
- Design work experience with 3D modeling software (e.g. Inventor, SolidWorks, PTC Creo) is required.
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy "L" clearance, which requires US Citizenship.
- Advanced knowledge of GD&T.
- Strong understanding of engineering file management systems is preferred.
- Robust knowledge of 3D models and assemblies.
- Salary Grade 190 ($70,680 - $116,616) / 200 ($81,288 - $134,100)
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- TDP: Testing designated position; you will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and periodic drug testing throughout the term of your employment.
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting and the selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on depth and breadth of proven experience and skills.
Growing INL: An Overview of New Facilities and Capabilities
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements
To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits, Salary, and Relocation
We have an extremely competitive salary structure and phenomenal benefits. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview/
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.