Engineer Sr. IT Job
Hierarchy: Yes - We may hire at a higher level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
The Sr. IT Engineer is responsible for leading technical aspects of IT solution delivery, strategic planning, and operational excellence. They are responsible for managing the overall health of the technology ecosystem, and will manage and oversee design of solutions to meet business needs and support the overall IT Strategy. They provide technical guidance in partnership with Architecture and with cross-organizational input and in accordance with business unit objectives. They are a consultant to business managers, architecture, security and operations teams to drive cross-awareness of business needs and opportunities. They bring innovative solutions to the business line by leveraging their technical expertise. They identify and implement continuous improvement over cost, security, operation, and functionality of the solutions in their domain.
- Solution Delivery: Lead and support solution lifecycle technical activities. Ensure solutions are designed for great user experience and operational performance. Lead design, ensuring Enterprise Architecture, Security, Operations and Compliance aspects are continuously integrated into solutions. Provide input to cost and schedule estimation. Responsible for overall integrity of system design and operation. Oversee vendor activities.
- Relationship Management: Conduct peer reviews and approve system changes and technical solution design. Coach and mentor less experience team members. Partner cross-organizationally to drive minimal costs on optimal solutions. Provide in-depth technical information to stakeholders as needed.
- Strategy & Planning: Innovate through usage of industry emerging capabilities and evolving customer needs. Provide input to strategic roadmap and technical dependencies.
- Subject Matter Expertise: Continuously stay current on, and apply, technical industry knowledge pertaining to the respective domain.
- Operations: Review solution performance, and continually assess health of systems. Track and drive awareness to operational and technical debt risks. Provide escalated support to incident and problem management. Utilize analytics to improve availability, reliability, efficiency and capacity. Oversee vendor activities.
- Ten years of related functional experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Technology, Science, Business or related field, or 4 years of experience equivalent to the position.
- Excellent communication skills, effective with varying organizational levels and skill set, and able to translate between technical and non-technical concepts.
- Excellent Relationship Management and collaboration skills, with a track record of working as one team cross-organizationally to drive inovation and business results.
- Expertise managing the lifecycle of technical solutions.
- Deep Subject Matter Expertise within the respective system domain products, platforms, processes and architecture.
- Broad and deep knowledge of technology architecture, infrastructure, network, security and software principles and models.
- Experience working in partnership with internal and external vendors.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Extensive knowledge of future technology trends within area of expertise.
- Demonstrated leadership on technical aspects of large scale projects. Experience coaching other developers in system deployment or operational troubleshooting.
- Experience with delivery methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum) and operational models (ITIL).
- Experience and understanding of core IT Service Management functions, such as Change Management and Incident Management.
- Expertise in VMWare Suite of Tools
- Expertise in vROPS
- Expertise in vRA/vRO
- Expertise with Skyline Advisor
- Expertise with Salt Stack Configuration
- Familiar with VCF
- Knowledge of SDN/SDDC
- Customer and Stakeholder Engagement
- Job and Business Expertise
- Operational Excellence
- Relationship Focused
Location(s): CO - Golden
Organization: Technology Services
Department: 56783:IT-Data Center Services
Non-Union jobs will be posted internally for a minimum of 5 business days, after 5 days the job may be unposted at any time.
Union jobs will be posted based on the union agreement.
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $100,000 to $142,000 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Recruiter: Lea M Felty
Hiring Manager: Shawn D Waldinger
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.