Salt River Project
Provide engineering services to SRP in a technically sound, safe, timely and cost-effective manner to enable SRP to realize its goals and objectives for providing water and energy related services. Specifically, in this role, the selected candidate will assist the power traders within Supply & Trading and Fuels with understanding and implementing plant limitations for use in planning to meet load requirements and will utilize technical skills to provide support, in compliance with SRP's Standards of Conduct, on strategy development based on market fundamentals. Additionally, the candidate will assist in a wide variety of areas including energy analytics, quantitative analysis, tool building and financial/real time operational troubleshooting and reporting pertaining Energy Imbalance Market (EIM). Preferred candidates are those with electric utility business with emphasis in power plant systems and operations.
- In this role, the selected candidate will be Supply, Trading & Fuels' point of contact with the generation groups and plants to support recommendations and analysis.
- Supports the traders with quantitative analysis, including utilizing, troubleshooting, researching anomalies validating and/or enhancing models and other trading tools.
- Work closely with team members designing and building a bid strategy.
- Provide other energy-related analysis, including natural gas, power and carbon focused on renewable resources.
- Administers and reviews work performed by consultants and others.
- Prepares and conducts written and oral reports and presentations, including training materials on strategies and market changes that may impact the trading group.
- Works with a variety of computer programs that support trading/scheduling activities, and tests new software or modeling implementations.
- Collaborates with multiple groups at SRP, vendors, consultants, and other entities regarding EIM, trading, and outage scheduling activities.
Completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited curriculum, an International Engineering Alliance (IEA) recognized institution, ABET Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA) or any state or internationally recognized PE registration.
- Five (5) years full time experience actively engaged in engineering practice, with emphasis in the energy industry preferred. Must have demonstrated the successful accomplishment of work of the nature defined for the job of Senior Engineer.
- Curiosity and passion for working with models and data approaches to help solve complex problems and be comfortable performing, critically evaluating and communicating quantitative analysis.
- Thrive when working on a range of simultaneous, results-oriented projects in a fast-paced and collaborative team environment where attention to detail is a key.
Promotion to Level 2 requires a minimum of two years of experience at Level 1; demonstrated capability to perform advanced and more difficult work as determined by the supervisor. Promotion to Senior Level requires a minimum of three years of experience at Level 2; is fully competent in all aspects of functional area of assignment and as such would be recognized as a specialist in area of assignment and may have periodic or occasional lead responsibilities.
Ability to work and communicate effectively with various organizational groups within and outside of SRP. Occasional travel to SRP facilities and industry organizational functions. Frequent contact with customers and outside agencies, as well as suppliers of equipment and services. Responsible for both long term project schedules and real time troubleshooting of operational issues. Ability to use engineering tools required for the job (i.e., computer, etc.).
SRP currently offers a hybrid workplace, which allows employees whose jobs can be performed remotely, and who have sufficient technical capability, to telework up to three days per week. Although part-time teleworking is available, all employees must live and work in Arizona. We are taking steps to protect the health and well-being of all team members, and by following a number of health and safety protocols, to reduce the risk of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Certifications or Testing Required
Must possess the appropriate valid Arizona driver's license.
Requisition ID: 14613
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Salt River Project (SRP) recognizes diversity and inclusion as key drivers of innovation and growth, and seeks to attract a diverse employee base that reflects our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other protected status under applicable federal, state or local law. Ultimately, SRP aspires to fully apply the power of diversity and inclusion to build a more equitable and sustainable future for our customers, employees and community.
Drug/Alcohol Policy Statement
In order to promote the safety and well-being of our employees, customers and the communities we serve, SRP is committed to maintaining a drug/alcohol free work environment. Although marijuana may now be legal in Arizona, except as otherwise specified under Arizona law, SRP considers it to be an illegal drug for the purpose of our drug/alcohol policy because marijuana remains illegal at the federal level. Any candidate found to be impaired during the hiring process or who has the presence of an illegal drug or unauthorized substance in their system during the pre-employment drug/alcohol test may be disqualified from further consideration in the hiring process.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
Why Work at SRP
SRP's success is rooted in our employees' happiness, health and safety. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
• 401(k) plan with employer matching
• Retirement pension
• Paid vacation
• Parental leave
• Holiday pay
• Sick leave
• Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
• Wellness programs
• Pre-tax benefits
• Short and long-term disability plans
• Tuition assistance
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
About this Employer
SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. providing electricity to approximately one million customers in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power. SRP continues to adapt to its changing business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.