Provides project management and engineering support for design, construction, testing and acceptance efforts associated with new major substation and transmission line facilities consistent with SRP's design, cost, schedule and quality criteria. Leads matrix resources to identify and execute multi-year, high-value, and high-visibility projects that are customer-driven and/or strategic in nature.
- Performs as an engineering project/program leader/engineer on projects/programs which are large or have many complex features.
- Prepares specifications, evaluates bids, and prepares recommendation materials for management consideration when evaluating large or complex procurements.
- Performs as a staff consultant and/or advisor in a technical specialty.
- May performs engineering design, analysis, and studies in an area of technical specialty requiring a significant knowledge of related fields.
- Provides engineering discipline leadership when administering and reviewing work performed by consultants and others.
- May prepare and/or conduct written and oral reports and presentations.
- When required/requested, serves on industry committees and task forces as a representative of SRP.
- Active leadership role in promoting safety within department.
- Actively develops and trains engineers on technical, project management, and/or best practices related activities. Identifies or creates development opportunities.
- Establishes standards and facilitates Standards Change Processes in the discipline when required.
- Leads collaboration across SRP.
- Represents SRP in legal and regulatory matters or proceedings of technical nature when required.
- Demonstrates substantive thought leadership to further new ideas, products, services, and/or business processes to increase efficiency, effectiveness, and/or customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrates substantive leadership in organizational change management to foster the success of new business products, services, and/or business processes.
See additional information.
Ten (10) years full time professional experience actively engaged in engineering practice.
Must have demonstrated the successful accomplishment of work as defined for this position.
Contributed to the authoring, publishing and/or presenting of internal or external technical papers.
Responsible for budgets, schedules, and management of resources for programs and projects of major scope. Demonstrated network of internal and external contacts including customers, outside agencies, and suppliers of significant equipment and services. Occasional travel to suppliers' facilities, industry functions, and SRP facilities. Ability to work effectively with various organizations within SRP. Ability to use engineering tools required for the job. Must have a valid driver's license.
EITHER I OR II
I - Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited curriculum
1. Additional specialty training (MS Engineering, MBA, or 18 graduate level college semester hours from an accredited institution in an engineering related field)
2. State Professional Engineering Registration
II - State Professional Engineering Registration
Additional specialty training (18 graduate level college semester hours from an accredited institution)
Certifications or Testing Required
Must possess the appropriate valid Arizona driver's license.
Requisition ID: 11726
Salt River Project (SRP) recognizes diversity and inclusion as key drivers of innovation and growth, and seeks to attract a diverse employee base that reflects our community.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other protected status under applicable federal, state or local law.
Ultimately, SRP aspires to fully apply the power of diversity and inclusion to build a more equitable and sustainable future for our customers, employees and community.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
Why Work at SRP
SRP's success is rooted in our employees' happiness, health and safety. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
• 401(k) plan with employer matching
• Retirement pension
• Paid vacation
• Parental leave
• Holiday pay
• Sick leave
• Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
• Wellness programs
• Pre-tax benefits
• Short and long-term disability plans
• Tuition assistance
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix