Engineer Fleet Equipment Sr
Salt River Project
Engineering resource to prepare technically sound, safe, timely, sustainable and cost effective specifications for complex fleet equipment, personnel and material lifting equipment, components and parts.Provides engineering support to the SRP Fleet including failure analysis and develop corrective action plans for systemic fleet issues. Develops 3D CAD models and engineering drawings for Transportation Services. Develops and directs equipment acquisition, contracts, inspection and retirement protocols. Develops and validates equipment test and inspection programs to assure requirements compliance.
- Performs engineering work and studies as it relates to transportation equipment, specializes in aerial and personnel and material lifting devices, reviewing the work of consultants and others.
- Develops capital budget and replacement plan/schedule for vehicles and equipment.
- Prepares and conducts reports and presentations that include material for leadership review and consideration.
- Prepares and approves detailed specifications for complex transportation equipment, components, parts and accessories for use or purchase. Determine requirements i.e. center of gravity, GVWR, axle loading, horsepower requirements, axle ratios, electrical requirements, etc. Specifies aerial personnel and material lifting devices.
- Oversees and performs analysis testing, oil sampling and analysis, and establishes guidance for regulatory Transportation inspection program compliance.
- Coordinates with other using departments on Transportation Equipment requirements to ensure compliance with environmental & legal regulations, manufacturer requirements and industry standards.
- Develops equipment test programs to assure compliance with requirements.
- Performs engineering and failure analyses for systemic fleet issues to develop corrective action programs.
- Performs accident investigations related to transportation equipment.
- Identifies and investigates new technologies to ensure the fleet vehicles are designed for safety and efficiencies.
- Develops 3D CAD Model and Engineering Drawings
Completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited curriculum, an International Engineering Alliance (IEA) recognized institution, ABET Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA) or any state or internationally recognized PE registration.
Promotion to Level 2 requires a minimum of two years experience at Level 1; demonstrated capability to perform advanced and more difficult work as determined by the supervisor. Promotion to Senior Level requires a minimum of three years experience at Level 2; is fully competent in all aspects of functional area of assignment and as such would be recognized as a specialist in area of assignment and may have periodic or occasional lead responsibilities.
- Bachelor'sdegree in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Responsible for project budgets and schedules. Occasional contacts with customers and outside agencies. Contacts with suppliers of equipment and services. Occasional travel to suppliers' facilities, industry organizational functions and SRP facilities. Ability to work effectively with various organizational groups within SRP. Ability to use engineering tools required for the job (i.e., computer, test equipment, etc.)..
Requisition ID: 14579
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Salt River Project (SRP) recognizes diversity and inclusion as key drivers of innovation and growth, and seeks to attract a diverse employee base that reflects our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other protected status under applicable federal, state or local law. Ultimately, SRP aspires to fully apply the power of diversity and inclusion to build a more equitable and sustainable future for our customers, employees and community.
Drug/Alcohol Policy Statement
In order to promote the safety and well-being of our employees, customers and the communities we serve, SRP is committed to maintaining a drug/alcohol free work environment. Although marijuana may now be legal in Arizona, except as otherwise specified under Arizona law, SRP considers it to be an illegal drug for the purpose of our drug/alcohol policy because marijuana remains illegal at the federal level. Any candidate found to be impaired during the hiring process or who has the presence of an illegal drug or unauthorized substance in their system during the pre-employment drug/alcohol test may be disqualified from further consideration in the hiring process.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
Why Work at SRP
SRP's success is rooted in our employees' happiness, health and safety. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
• 401(k) plan with employer matching
• Retirement pension
• Paid vacation
• Parental leave
• Holiday pay
• Sick leave
• Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
• Wellness programs
• Pre-tax benefits
• Short and long-term disability plans
• Tuition assistance
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
About this Employer
SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. providing electricity to approximately one million customers in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power. SRP continues to adapt to its changing business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.