Energy & Environmental Policy Manager Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Develops and implements energy and environmental strategy for Xcel Energy. Utilizes subject matter knowledge, and other experts, to establish effective legislative, regulatory policies that will achieve Xcel Energy's short- and long-term clean energy goals. Promotes Xcel Energy's clean energy leadership in a variety of forums. Creates regulatory and policy strategy and coordinates with operating company regulatory groups to implement strategy. Engages with external stakeholders on public policy, sustainability leadership, ESG (environmental, social and governance) reporting and emerging trends.
- Advance state and federal government policy strategies in energy, environmental, regulatory and other areas affecting Xcel Energy. Develop corresponding corporate policy and strategy recommendations and position statements, obtain internal input, prepare management presentations, and secures senior management support for policy and strategy direction. Coordinate with key business units in the process of evaluating and executing environmental policy and strategies.
- Initiate new policy proposals that address emerging issues and aid in achieving Xcel Energy's carbon, clean energy and environmental goals. Coordinate with key business units in the development and launch of new initiatives.
- Promote and advocate Xcel Energy's clean energy leadership in public forums. Pursue opportunities to advance Xcel Energy's recognition for corporate environmental and sustainability initiatives. Advance the Company's sustainability strategy including preparing company sustainability and ESG reports, and/or other internal/external communication material relative to environmental and sustainability performance.
- Coordinate with operating company regulatory groups on policy strategy and implementation. Provide subject matter expertise in support of clean energy regulatory matters.
- Engage with local, state, and federal external stakeholders on a variety of topic areas including carbon emissions, public policy trends, new technology, emerging energy innovation, sustainability, environmental justice, and other environmental topics.
- BA in engineering or environmental sciences, political science, public policy, or related field.
- Minimum eight years experience in public policy, regulatory or communications field, including five years dealing with environmental, energy supply and related regulatory issues.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills required.
- Experience in corporate sustainability or ESG efforts preferred.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis; TX - Amarillo || United States (US) || Strategy Plng and Ext Affairs || 80500:Strategy Plng and Ext Affairs || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $116,000 to $164,666 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 48704
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.