Energy Efficiency Project Manager I
This position is posted until filled.
Department: Reg Policy & Case MGMT TNMP
No job description available
Energy Efficiency Project Manager I
Salary Grade: G09
Minimum Midpoint Maximum
$50,991 - $67,562 - $84,134
Under direct supervision, evaluates the needs of segment customers and manages new and existing electric energy efficiency programs to respond to those needs. Coordinates program design and implementation, including developing participation forecasts, designing promotions, managing contracts, tracking participation and budget, working with participating vendors, retailers, and contractors on programs. Provides program oversite and leads cross-functional team(s) in the development, planning, and implementation of multiple programs and projects from inceptions through delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages cross-functional teams in the establishment, strategy, planning and implementation of energy efficiency programs.
- Identify priorities, dependencies, resources, project schedule and work with contractors and implementers to develop and maintain project management plans within assigned programs.
- Define and manage program expectations and communications and develop expertise to support and identify technology solutions that meet program and business needs.
- Oversee contractors and implementers responsibilities for projects within program areas.
- Responsible for the support of program and portfolio management strategy with energy efficiency management and design team.
- Assist in identifying recommending and implementing improvements in support of programs.
- Oversees project deliverables and contract performance of implementers, contractors, and vendors to meet goals.
- Assists in overseeing the development and management of marketing plans for programs or products including the preparation of scoping documents, financial analysis, market analysis, detailed action plans, communication plans, promotional plans, product distribution plans, training, and budgeting.
- Ensures document, procedure, and data reviews are completed on schedule with regulatory compliance deadlines.
- Assist in defining, developing, and communicating program reports and analytics. Monitors existing programs, measures performance and budget, and prepares program performance reports.
- Assists with implementing training in support of program implementation and new products and services throughout the company as required.
- Works cooperatively with contractors and implementers in the development of new customer programs.
- Participates in external activities to promote favorable Company image and marketing programs.
- Ability to work independently in an ambiguous and changing work environment.
- Ability to interpret and evaluate financial analysis Ability to prioritize, plan, and schedule work to meet objectives and to make sales calls independently.
- Familiarity with the marketing process.
- Ability to conduct reliable market assessment and sizing for energy efficiency programs.
- Ability to provide training and presentations to others regarding energy usage, current technologies, or marketing issues.
- Working knowledge of applicable Company and Public Utility Commission rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and rates.
- Familiarity with energy utilization fundamentals and a general understanding of energy application issues.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Business, Marketing, Finance, or Accounting, and one to three years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience related to the discipline.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- One to three years working knowledge of personal computers.
- Knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software.
ANALYSIS AND PROBLEM-SOLVING ABILITY:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to make sound decisions, demonstrate good judgment, be creative, negotiate win-win solutions, take calculated risks and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Regularly required to sit up to 2/3 of the time
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Office environment.
- Some travel required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
PNM Resources and affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. Women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans are encouraged to apply.
About this Employer
PNM Resources is an energy holding company based in Albuquerque, N.M., with 2020 consolidated operating revenues of $1.5 billion. Through its regulated utilities, PNM and TNMP, PNM Resources provides electricity to approximately 800,000 homes and businesses in New Mexico and Texas. PNM serves its customers with a diverse mix of generation and purchased power resources totaling 3.0 gigawatts of capacity, with a goal to achieve 100% emissions-free energy by 2040. PNM Resources is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange as PNM.
PNM Resources strives to create enduring value for customers, communities and shareholders built on a foundation of Environmental, Social and Governance Principles. At the core of our business we are focused on our Vision, our Purpose and our Values.