Electrical Engineer - Real Time Markets Support
ISO New England
This is a challenging position that brings value to Real Time Markets department from Engineering & Software development perspective. Selected person will work on state of the art market systems & Energy management system platform utilizing niche technology viz. Docker, DevOps, Micro Services, SOA, EAI and other Java frameworks. Develop state of the art solutions and utilize software knowledge to keep the Power Grid running under most economic conditions.
- Hybrid schedule with up to 3 days/week remote
- Participation in a paid on call rotation
Power System Engineering discipline
- Analyze and investigate Real Time dispatch questions
- Analyze and investigate Real time Pricing questions
- Bring power system perspective to real time dispatch and troubleshoot issues or questions
- Be part of a team of professionals providing 24X7 on-call support rotation
- Provide production support to various internal and external facing applications
- Integrate software solutions across multiple applications, systems and databases
- Analyze, understand & investigate complex data flows using various patterns
- Develop software solutions using C/C++/Java platforms
- Follow change management policies and procedures
- Talented Electrical/Power System Engineer or Java technologies developer
- Bachelors or Masters or Ph.D. in Power System Engineering & Power system Industry experience
- Programming skills in C/C++/Java technologies
- Working experience in Electric Utilities/ISOs/RTOs or GE Grid
Mission: Through collaboration and innovation, ISO New England plans the transmission system, administers the region's wholesale markets, and operates the power system to ensure reliable and competitively priced wholesale electricity.
Vision: To harness the power of competition and advanced technologies to reliably plan and operate the grid as the region transitions to clean energy.
Values: Expertise, Respect, Innovation, Dependability and Collaboration
What We Offer: Located in Holyoke, MA amid the picturesque Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, our employees get the best of both rural and urban living, enjoying day-to-day local community culture and conveniences with drivable access to big city amenities. Our competitive base salaries, performance-driven bonus incentive offering, as well as a variety of health, wellness, and professional development benefits underscore the value we place in our employees. Beyond our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, we encourage continuous learning through our training and tuition reimbursement programs and support work-life balance with flex hours, hybrid work models for most roles, and paid vacation and holidays. Our benefits strive to fulfill the needs of our employees across life's stages, with paid parental time off, health and wellness programs, 401k with company match, and a retirement plan. For the convenience of our employees, we offer complimentary access to our onsite fitness center and a cafeteria with free coffee.
COVID-19 Policy: Employee safety and well-being is a priority at ISO New England. To safeguard our teams and the important work they do, ISO New England has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Equal Opportunity : We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment: We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice : ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.
- Pay Type Salary
- Telecommute % 60
About this Employer
Keeping the lights on in New England
We are the independent, not-for-profit corporation responsible for keeping electricity flowing across the six New England states and ensuring that the region has reliable, competitively priced wholesale electricity today and into the future.