Electrical Engineer II or above Job
Location(s): MN - Welch
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
This position performs Design, Systems, Program, Plant Component or Nuclear engineering activities in support of the safe, reliable and efficient operations of the nuclear generation power plants. Primary responsibilities include the development of plant modifications, calculations, engineering evaluations, operability determinations, maintenance of design basis documents and resolution of Corrective Action Issues. Additional responsibilities include the review of existing / new design (or program, plant, procedure or contract)documents, in support of continued plant operation, assessment of adverse conditions, engineering analyses, and project management skills. For this role we are looking for someone with an electrical engineering background.
Essential Responsibilities (Additional responsibilities may be required if placed at a more senior level)
- Using prescribed methods, will perform specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer. Applies standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data, recognizes discrepancies in results, and follows operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes.
- Perform routine tasks designed to provide experience and familiarization with engineering staff, methods, practices and programs of Xcel Energy. Assist with planning and design projects, provide technical support and guidance for design, construction and operations. Work with Supervisor on assignments with unusual or difficult problems. Receive close supervision on new aspects of assignments.
- Prepare schedules and estimates for specific projects, may analyze reliability, system or program deficiencies. May be involved with area teams to determine opportunities and set action plans. Participate in planning, engineering and operational study teams or committees.
- Study for and complete nuclear training and qualifications.
- Additional responsibilities may be required if place at a more senior level.
Minimum Requiremets (Engineer II)
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related technical field from an ABET accredited college or university.
- 2 years' experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain qualifications for unescorted access to Xcel Energy's nuclear power plants is an essential requirement of the position.
- May be required assume emergency response duties and live within 30 or 60 minutes from the nuclear generation station.
- May be required to maintain fitness for duty during off hours if on call or designated emergency response duty.
- Incumbents must demonstrate satisfactory performance and progress in learning the skills and competencies to be an engineer at a career level in the nuclear utility business.
Additional experiences maybe required for more senior levels
Applicants will be place in hierarchy at a level commensurate of their skills and work experience.
Must live within 60 minutes to ensure proper implementation of Emergency Response plan.
A condition of employment will be successfully obtaining and maintaining General Security Clearance and a Nuclear Security Clearance for unescorted access to Xcel Energy nuclear plants including successful completion of nuclear General Access Training (GAT) and the nuclear security screening process (typically consists of an alcohol/drug screen, a criminal history check, a psychological assessment, initial credit and background investigation and periodic credit & criminal history checks).
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Welch || MN - Welch || United States (US) || Nuclear Rollup || 45605:FT PI Engineering Design || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $51.45 - $64.43 per hour
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only)
Requisition Number: 48461
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.