Electrical Engineer II or above Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
This is a continuing development level for professional engineering work in a nuclear power generation environment. Typically performs engineer work at a competent level but works under some supervision on more complex aspects of functional assignments. The Engineer II outlines plan for design, development or implementation of specific projects assigned with minimal supervision. Competently performs routine engineering work requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria required to carry out a sequence of related engineering tasks. The Engineer II may be assigned tasks in one or more of the nuclear engineering disciplines (e.g. systems, design, programs, electrical, materials, civil/structural, nuclear fuels, procurement or regulatory affairs)
- Using prescribed methods, will perform specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer. Applies standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data, recognizes discrepancies in results, and follows operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes.
- Perform routine tasks designed to provide experience and familiarization with engineering staff, methods, practices and programs of Xcel Energy. Assist with planning and design projects, provide technical support and guidance for design, construction and operations. Work with Supervisor on assignments with unusual or difficult problems. Receive close supervision on new aspects of assignments.
- Prepare schedules and estimates for specific projects, may analyze reliability, system or program deficiencies. May be involved with area teams to determine opportunities and set action plans. Participate in planning, engineering and operational study teams or committees.
- Study for and complete nuclear training and qualifications .
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related technical field from an ABET accredited college or university.
- 2 years' experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain qualifications for unescorted access to Xcel Energy's nuclear power plants is an essential requirement of the position.
- May be required assume emergency response duties and live within 30 or 60 minutes from the nuclear generation station.
- May be required to maintain fitness for duty during off hours if on call or designated emergency response duty.
- Incumbents must demonstrate satisfactory performance and progress in learning the skills and competencies to be an engineer at a career level in the nuclear utility business.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Nuclear Rollup || 0330P:NGS - Prairie Island || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $80,000 to $148,667 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 48422
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.