Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) National Security Solutions group is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as an Electrical Engineer!
- Perform the role of lead Electrical Engineer for Architectural Engineering design packages.
- Provide significant contribution in the development of electrical drawings, specifications, schedules, and cost estimates.
- The engineering responsibilities will include, but not limited to, power and lighting systems, backup power systems (UPS and Generator), building grounding systems, data and telephone systems, security and access control systems, and HVAC control systems.
- Work will include field data gathering surveys, written and verbal communications, and development of documents using Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, OneNote, and PowerPoint.
- Serve as an expert for secure area design and have a knowledge and understanding of the requirements for designing secure facilities, to include, but not limited to, Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities.
- Be familiar with National Electrical Codes and assure design documents are prepared in compliance with these codes.
- Have a current knowledge of, or be able to quickly obtain the knowledge of, National Security Policies in TSCM, TEMPEST, and security design requirements. Work will include travel to meet with customers, as build existing electrical conditions, and support facility construction.
- Must be flexible in work assignments which may include participating in security policy development, security surveys, cyber security, and explosive range testing.
- Develop and maintain active relationships with key clients and strategic partners in the National Laboratories, Government, and Private Industry.
- Provide engineering support in areas of expertise and be able to work effectively as a team player with other engineering professionals, researchers, management, business developers, and administrative staff.
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering (ABET accreditation at the time of graduation) with minimum 5 years applicable experience.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy "Q" clearance, which requires US Citizenship.
- Knowledge of Building Information Models (BIM) to include Revit Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing (MEP) preferred
- Knowledge of SKM Power Tools software or equivalent.
- Knowledge of ElumTools software or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Fire Alarm Systems, NFPA 72, and NFPA 101 preferred
- Salary Grade 220 ($107,520 - $177,336).
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- TDP: This is a testing designated position; you will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and periodic drug testing throughout the term of your employment.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL men born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
INL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide EEO to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide your resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits & Salary:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and a phenomenal benefits package. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.