Electric Portfolio Manager
Pacific Energy Advisors, Inc.
In this position, you will be responsible for assisting Community Choice Aggregation clients with wholesale electricity procurement and for overseeing tasks related to electric portfolio and risk management. You will lead development of procurement strategies and negotiate structured transactions for resource adequacy, energy, renewable energy, and other environmental products. These transactions and solicitations will be designed to procure specific energy and capacity products to satisfy commercial, compliance and policy-related objectives in conformance with adopted risk management policies and cost parameters. You may also be tasked with leading efforts related to integrated resource planning. You will need to be familiar with the requirements of California’s Resource Adequacy and Renewables Portfolio Standard compliance programs and will provide assistance to CCA clients in assembling supply portfolios that meet pertinent requirements of such programs. You will use your knowledge of Western energy markets and strong analytical skills to formulate and present your recommendations to our clients and coordinate requisite procurement activities.
Competitive compensation package will be tailored based on candidate's qualifications and experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree in economics, finance, accounting, engineering, or similar field.
• 5 or more years of experience with relevant activities focused on wholesale energy supply at an electric utility, energy service provider, community choice aggregator, balancing authority or equivalent.
• Knowledge of energy and resource adequacy markets and familiarity with associated regulations and compliance activities pertaining to California load serving entities.
• Knowledge of renewable energy markets and familiarity with associated regulations and compliance activities pertaining to California retail sellers.
• Familiarity with energy risk management concepts and practices, including administration of risk management policies.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including:
o The ability to draft clear and compelling written communications (memos, reports, etc.);
o The ability to prepare and deliver clear and compelling client-facing presentations; and
o The ability to lead and participate in committee and Governing Board discussions focused on matters related to energy procurement, resource planning, related policy implications and other pertinent concerns.
• Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products, including intermediate to advanced Excel-based skills, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Outstanding attention to detail and adherence to project deadlines.
• Outstanding organizational skills and record keeping.
• Experience summarizing analytical results and operational performance as well as conducting related management reporting and briefings.
• Ability to work effectively, both independently and as a member of a team.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.