PIC Group, Inc.
Title: Environmental Health & Safety Manager
Position Type: Direct Hire
Location: South Boston, VA
Reports to: Plant Manager
The Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) Manager position is responsible for developing and implementing all EH&S activities within the company. This position is responsible for training company personnel in safe and proper application of EH&S activities and techniques and is responsible for monitoring and supervising company personnel in EH&S compliance, reporting to the plant manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement EH&S plans, policies, and procedures in compliance with local, regional, and national laws and regulations.
- Planning and implementing programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, fire prevention, and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other materials.
- Prepare studies and analyses of industrial accident causes and hazards to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies; write subsequent reports.
- Inspect and audit the facility to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determine corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follow up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Provide information, signs, posters, barriers, and other materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and to prevent access to hazardous conditions.
- Lead the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperate in the preparation of material and evidence for the company's use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
- Compile and submit accident reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Prepare and arrange safety exhibits and material for display, promotional work, industry conferences, and exhibitions.
- Represent the company in the community or industry safety groups and programs.
- Maintains safety files and records.
- Maintain work-related insurance information, claims, and data.
- Prepare periodic reports as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent computer skills.
- Competency in computer software programs used by company.
- Knowledge and experience of applicable regulatory requirements.
- Specialized training in detecting and responding to hazardous conditions.
- Competency in use of safety-related equipment and instruments.
- Working in varied outdoor environments such as all-weather conditions, all noise levels, hazardous conditions, and on the full range of outdoor work surfaces.
- The frequent use of protective equipment (i.e., hard hats, safety glasses, air masks, ear protection, chemical suits, hot gloves and high voltage protective equipment, etc.) may be required. Work with hazardous materials may also be required.
- Working in proximity to high voltages and current with proper training and equipment, operating heavy equipment and rolling stock and entering confined spaces or hazardous environments may be required while often being exposed to equipment and machinery noises.
- Duties require walking, standing for extended periods of time, crawling, stooping, sitting, climbing vertical and inclined ladders and stairs, operation of large valves and other tasks requiring up to 100 lbs. of pulling or turning force, and lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs. Exposure to extreme heat and cold.
- Eye and hand coordination are required to operate switches, pushbuttons, and other controls.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
- All candidates will participate in the post-offer drug screening
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Safety or Environmental is required.
- 5+ Years of experience in a similar position is required.
PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive wages and benefits. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted.
About this Employer
PIC Group, Inc., established in 1988 and headquartered in Atlanta, GA, is a global provider of service solutions to the power generation industry. PIC Group’s comprehensive portfolio of services supports all aspects of power project development including installation, outage, commissioning and start-up, operations and maintenance, documentation and training, and project support. As of March 2008, PIC Group, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marubeni Corporation, a publicly listed company headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.