DSM Field Representative Job
Job Grade: O
Hierarchy: No - We can only hire at the posted level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
The position of Mid-Market Field Rep is accountable for managing the DSM relationship with assigned mid market commercial customers (approx 200-500kw). The objective of this position is to drive high levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty through effective implementation of DSM Sales strategies, including collaborative planning and delivery of the demand side management programs and responding to customer needs mainly through on-site visits and other channels of influence including inbound/outbound calling. Develop responsive relationships with business customers, providing them with detailed information, recommendations and solutions concerning their energy utilization needs. Responsible for DSM sales and customer satisfaction goals. Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills. You will need to work both independently and in a team environment on current projects and new business opportunities.
- Develop and implement effective DSM account management strategy and tactics including: Territory Management and Communication Plan; customer prioritization based on needs; identification of Key Decision Makers and Influencers; Collaborative Account Planning with other field reps and delivery of Demand-side management programs. Work with BSC inside reps in communicating and handing off all other customer service issues including billing, reliability, collections, rate analysis, etc. Utilize approved marketing materials to present DSM presentation and proposal to prospects, identifying benefits and advantages of our products and services. Maintain excellent Customer Satisfaction results while forming the DSM sales relationship process. Position may also require some DSM sales to smaller business customers
- Promote and sell DSM products and services within assigned territory consisting mainly of mid-sized commercial customer accounts, maintaining a DSM quota and following established guidelines. Partner with the Inside BSC Sales rep to assure clean and effective hand-off of customer opportunities or issues, when necessary. Obtain resources to meet customers needs in conjunction with the inside sales staff, BSC representatives, or third-party providers. Establish and maintain a productive working relationship with customers. Proactively cold-call target prospects and leads, opening a line of communication with key contacts to create interest in DSM solutions and services. Build rapport with key contacts by utilizing a consultative approach. Present benefits and obtain commitment to explore DSM opportunities further.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the complete line of products/services and customers' issues and needs through in-house training and reading/research. May provide guidance to less experienced representatives. Address other than DSM customer utility issues during calls and effectively handoff to BSC for back office follow up. This will often be required to move customer to consideration of energy efficiency programs. Requires effective team-working skills to work with internal and external customers.
- College degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of inside or outside sales, marketing, or customer service experience and proven results.
- Experience working with Commercial Customers a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, working knowledge of DSM marketing programs, applicable rates and Customer Resource System (CRS) and Siebel desired.
- Demonstrated high levels of customer focus, teamwork skills, and work plan initiative.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || Customer & Utility Innovation || 51660:BSC DSM Team || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $60,000 to $85,333 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 53276
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.