Drinking Water & Wastewater Division Manager
Commonwealth Utilities Corporation
The Commonwealth Utilities Corporation (“CUC”) is seeking a qualified Drinking Water and Wastewater Division Manager (“DM”). CUC is a public utility corporation, operating on Saipan, Tinian, and Rota of the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (“CNMI”)—a United States territory in the northwestern Pacific Ocean.
The CNMI is a tropical paradise of fourteen islands. In the CNMI you can escape to a place of magnificent beaches and crystal clear aqua waters, and rich history. Saipan offers year-round outdoor activities, world class diving and golfing, international shopping, a range of ethnic restaurants and a cacophony of indigenous and international cultures.
Reporting directly to CUC’s Deputy Executive Director or designee, the “DM” fills a position required by the Stipulated Order (“SO”) of the United States of America vs. the Commonwealth Utilities Corporation and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, filed in the U.S. District Court for the Northern Mariana Islands, Civil Case No. CV 08-0051.
- Manages and oversees the CUC Drinking Water and Wastewater Division.
- Supervises employees in direct charge of drinking water systems’ production, treatment, and distribution, and wastewater collection and treatment plants utilizing activated sludge secondary treatment processes.
- Responsible for the effective and efficient utilization of equipment, materials, and personnel to complete water and wastewater maintenance programs in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Manages, leads, motivates, and develops staff towards attaining needed training, skills, and certifications.
- Plays significant role in the management of drinking water and wastewater systems during periods of planning, design, and construction; user fee system development.
- Prepares and maintains various records and reports for the division, including: purchase orders and invoices, monthly status reports, maintenance records, budget status, etc.
- Other duties as required or assigned.
About this Employer
The Commonwealth Utilities Corporation (“CUC”) is a government utility providing power, water, and wastewater services in the Northern Mariana Islands NMI), a U.S. commonwealth in the western pacific.