Document Control Assistant
Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) ATR Document Management group is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as a Document Control Assistant! This team works an on-site 4x10 schedule located at our Advanced Test Reactor (ATR) facility with every Friday off.
- Provide records management and document control services for ATR records and documents. This is done by releasing, reproducing, and distributing documents to requestors
- Manage drawing systems for active and inactive drawings
- Coordinate with ATR staff on proper records management practices
- Protect, maintain, and transfer long-term records.
- Able to accurately, completely, and efficiently perform high-volume, detailed functions with a conscientious demeanor toward documents and records.
- Use independent judgment and attention to detail
- Demonstrate a highly developed knowledge in all aspects of document management.
- Interact with peers at the group level and builds and maintains effective customer relationships.
- Identify and assist in resolving problems.
- Train other staff within and outside of immediate organization
- Work with customers to process requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Scan and process paper records. Index and upload to the electronic data management system.
- Perform quality checks for other members of Document Control.
- Perform back-up activities for other Document Control personnel on an as-needed basis.
- Ensure that the five core functions of the Integrated Safety Management System (ISMS) are understood and applied when performing job duties.
- 1-2 years relevant experience, or applicable Vocational Certificate.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of business computer work station technology (e.g., Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, Lotus Notes, Electronic Document Management System, and imaging technology).
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Salary Grade 110 ($28,620 - $45,780) / Salary Grade 130 ($34,632 - $55,368)
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting and the selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on depth and breadth of proven experience and skills.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL men born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
INL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide EEO to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
COVID Safety Protocols:
As a condition of employment, INL will inquire about COVID vaccination status and expects candidate compliance with all required COVID safety protocols, including mask-wearing as applicable.
INL has implemented a required vaccination policy effective immediately requiring all new hires must be vaccinated against COVID - 19 as a condition of employment, unless exempt under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, or other applicable state or federal law. In accordance with INL's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide your resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits & Salary:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and a phenomenal benefits package. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.