Distribution & Gas Scheduling Manager Job
Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis; TX - Amarillo
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Standard Operations Position. The Operations Scheduling Manager is responsible for managing a team that establishes a master multi-week rolling schedule in collaboration with area leadership to ensure work is performed safely, on-time and within the specified performance targets and to meet or exceed customer (internal and external) expectations. This position will drive adherence to common practices and accountability for operational metrics that align to schedule adherence, crew productivity, and other value drivers. The Operations Scheduling Manager serves as a facilitator of scheduling information between the scheduling team, the front line leaders, and business unit leaders to ensure quality, proactive resource decisions can be made by business leaders and issues can be resolved. The Operations Scheduling Manager participates in recruiting and retention efforts and provides leadership, support, and training to the scheduling team and key partners.
- Responsible for all aspects of scheduling for a geographic region, function, or fuel type. Lead scheduling strategy and contribute to overall business planning and direction.
- Hire, develop and manage employees to create a high performing workforce to meet the organization's present and future needs. Provide employee feedback and manage performance issues as necessary. Create and maintain training for schedulers, work coordinators and key partners.
- Develop, maintain, and enforce scheduling prioritization rules, processes, and tools to manage resource (crews, equipment and materials) availability/backlog over a multi-week timeframe, resolve conflicts and ensure resource availability for work assignments to crews.
- Establish cross-functional collaborative partnerships with local supervisors, Design, Sourcing, and other internal groups to ensure work gets completed. Build and leverage strong relationships to maximize productivity, crew utilization and operational efficiency of all resources, facilitating continuous improvement. Establish reporting and communication channels that support process governance and schedule effectiveness.
- Identify and resolve issues and roadblocks relating to scheduling conflicts and changes. Provide flexible, cost-effective, timely solutions to ensure compliance, customer (both internal and external) and other critical path delivery dates are met.
- Minimum seven years' experience in utility construction, labor relations, safety, compliance, operations, or maintenance.
- Four years scheduling experience (utility preferred), three years management/supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of gas or electric system/plant construction, operations, maintenance standards & procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree Business Administration, Construction Management or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of union labor agreements.
- Experience in work and asset management or scheduling technologies preferred.
- Must be familiar with specific business area regulatory requirements and compliance standards.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required. Teamwork and customer service skills are essential.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis; TX - Amarillo || United States (US) || Operations || 59690:Centralized Scheduling || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $90,000 to $127,333 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 52797
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.