Distribution Electric Designer (I - Senior) - Monticello, MN Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Entry level design position that provides new and existing commercial, industrial, residential, and internal customers with distribution design project management for the least complex areas of design. The responsibility of this position is to function as the primary contact for future and existing customers by providing cost-effective designs that balance customer needs in accordance with Xcel Energy's standards and administrative guidelines. May provide work clarification for construction personnel and act as the liaison between the construction department and customers. May be expected to assist as needed after normal business hours during emergency situations.
- Manage projects from initial customer contact through post project analysis. Establish and manage the construction work plan in order to meet the customers schedule and design requirements as well as financial and budgetary requirements.
- Design safe operating facilities for new and existing customers according to Xcel Energy construction standards and interpret administrative instructions for consistent and cost effective designs. Provide distribution design project management for the least complex areas of design. Responsible for the generation of additional revenue through contracts with new business or existing customers.
- Obtain permits and easements for facilities in accordance with city ordinances, state, federal, and county agencies. Execute contracts and agreements in compliance with administrative instructions and regulatory requirements.
- Represent the Company with government officials, contractors, city agencies, vendors, architects, and engineers to provide service to customers.
- High School Diploma or GED. Min. of Assoc. Degree in one of the following fields of study: drafting, design, automation, electronics, mechatronics, engineering, GIS, other related field of study. In lieu of an Assoc. Degree: a combination of education and experience in design/drafting, construction, project management, or electronics providing equivalent knowledge.
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following: GIS, design software, work management programs, and related systems desirable. Knowledge of construction standards, materials, and technical codes is preferred.
- Knowledge of and ability to use Windows operating system and Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, etc.).
- Self-starter, able to work with minimum supervision. Driver's License may be required.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Monticello || MN - Monticello || United States (US) || Operations || 1211A:Design NW MN || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: Entry: $23.90 to $31.60 per hour, Designer II: $27.50 to $35.70, Senior: $31.60 to $41.10
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 52719
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.