Director of Power Supply Portfolio Management
Long Island Power Authority
Do you want to join a team that values Service, Collaboration and Excellence?
Do you want to work with an organization that is committed to serving its customers and community by providing clean, reliable, and affordable energy to Long Island and the Rockaways?
Is being part of a value-driven organization important to you?
If yes, please contact us!
We are a team of motivated, engaged and exceptionally talented self-starters, willing to roll up our sleeves and do what is necessary to get the job done. If you are interested in joining this dynamic team and have a passion to learn, develop and want your experience to make an immediate impact, please apply.
What We Offer
We offer an environment of continuous development and growth. LIPA offers a thriving company culture, exceptional colleagues, and great benefits. Our benefit package includes:
❖ Hybrid work and flexible hours
❖ Medical insurance
❖ Dental and vision insurance at no cost to employee
❖ Paid holidays and generous leave time
❖ Professional development opportunities
❖ Educational assistance opportunities
❖ Multiple retirement plan options with company contribution
❖ Short-term and long-term disability coverage
❖ Flexible spending account
❖ Life Insurance
❖ 529 College Savings Program
❖ $300 Wellness Reimbursement
What We Need
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or a related field with a minimum of 15 years of progressively responsible relevant electric utility industry experience with emphasis on resource planning, resource operations, and resource procurement
- Must include demonstrated experience with power contract administration, conducting wholesale market transactions, preparing resource planning studies, and evaluating requests for proposals related to developing new supply sources
- Experience leading, managing, and developing direct and indirect report staff
- Financial experience in cost benefit analysis and understanding how rates are set
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local governmental processes and policies relevant to electric utilities
- Proven ability presenting technical and complex concepts to Executive Leadership
- Project management experience
What You’ll Do At LIPA
The Director of Power Supply Portfolio Management is responsible for fulfilling LIPA’s mission of enabling clean, reliable, and affordable electric service for our customers through the operational and contractual oversight of LIPA’s service providers.
The Director of Power Supply Portfolio Management’s responsibilities include assisting the Senior Vice President in leading and monitoring the oversight of the services provided by PSEG Long Island, with specific emphasis on the effective management and administration of the power supply portfolio in accordance with contractual requirements and applicable Board policies, including planned improvements to contracts and generating facilities.
Other Essential Job Functions include:
- Managing the Power Supply Portfolio, including:
- assessing portfolio operating performance and cost-effectiveness;
- monitoring service provider and counterparty compliance with contract requirements;
- assessing the quality of PSEG Long Island’s contract administration and oversight of power suppliers, including identifying potential improvements to oversight processes and generating facilities; and
- continuously refining systems and procedures to improve the department’s performance.
- Contributing to LIPA’s strategic vision, including:
- contributing to the vision for reliability and affordability;
- advising the Board on policies related to power supply; and
- negotiating appropriate changes to PSEG Long Island’s annual performance metrics and budgets necessary to translate the strategic vision into action.
- Educating the Board of Trustees on utility industry trends, operations and common industry practices and preparing useful and understandable reports to the Trustees on relevant Board policies, and topics.
- Within the Director’s areas of expertise, assisting the Power Supply Department in monitoring and evaluating power contract administration, wholesale market activities, resource planning studies, and resource procurements conducted by LIPA’s service provider.
Salary Range: $180,000 - $215,000
LIPA is an equal opportunity employer.
Applying: Interested parties should submit their cover letter and resume to Barbara Ann Dillon, Director of Human Resources and Administration, at 2022DirectorofPowerSupply@lipower.org