Director II - DOF Delivery/Run Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
The Director II - Digital Operations Factory is responsible for developing and delivering capital projects and running state support. Drives overall IT planning efforts; ensures alignment with enterprise IT strategy and standards. Manages IT portfolio in collaboration with other IT and business leaders. Responsible for IT financial budgets including capital, O&M, in-servicing and value realization. Directs strategic application, infrastructure, and/or network development, support, maintenance, operations for all delivery functions. Develops and coaches teams.
At the Digital Operations Factory, we're driving cultural and technological change within the organization with the mission of leading Xcel Energy to a carbon-free 2050. Come be a part of the energy revolution! You'll work with inspiring, bold, and thoughtful technologists to deliver transformational change in an energetic environment open to fresh ideas. Using an approach grounded in agile scrum and design thinking, we're building greenfield technology that introduces efficiencies across clean-energy sectors of Xcel Energy's core business. We're acting as an independent, agile entity with a startup mindset to pave the way for change. We're reinventing Xcel Energy's technology foundations, setting up a cloud environment that is able to launch new capabilities into production weekly, and delivering enhanced customer and employee experiences.
Want more information? Watch this video to learn more about our commitment to change and our roadmap for innovation. Watch Video
- Relationship Management: Build strong effective partnerships with internal and external teams;Strong executive presence; able to influence and navigate complex and competing interest of multiple stakeholders.
- Strategy and Planning: Develop and manage strategic technology plans and roadmaps; Collaborate with IT and business leaders to build and develop the long and mid-term strategic plans to enable business objectives; Drive process improvements and IT service optimization.
- Operational / Delivery Management: Manages identification, investigation and solving production problems, including preventative measures and appropriate communication to clients regarding resolution; has in-depth knowledge of business operations and drives ongoing improvements in IT performance.
- Portfolio Management: Management of the investments, projects and activities within a IT portfolio;Manage objectives, priorities, delivery and financials.
- Talent Development: Develop a high performing team by building skills through coaching, mentoring and ongoing training and development; Creates and environment of continuous learning and growth development; Develops leadership talent across the organization and develops plans for enhancing organizational talent.
- Financial Management: Manages financial budgets: capital, expense and inservicing; Manages regulatory commitments as appropriate; Effectively prioritizes financial spend based on strategic company objectives; Ensure financial prudency on behalf of customers and shareholders.
- Bachelor's degree in business, IT or related field or equivalent experience; Master's degree preferred.
- Sound understanding of core business processes, industry trends, technology and IT environments.
- Ten years of IT experience and/or integrated utility and regulatory business.
- Experience building and developing teams.
- Experience managing leaders of teams.
- Exceptional relationship management and communications skills.
- Delivery experience in a Digital transformation.
- Experience leading multiple Agile scrum teams and management of scrum of scrums.
- Strong Agile scrum delivery experience in senior executive communications and facilitation of discussions.
- Experience recruiting, retaining, and developing talent with digital development expertise.
- Experience managing large $50M+ budgets.
- Experience working with multiple vendor partnerships in a hybrid employee vendor delivery model.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis; CO - Denver || United States (US) || Technology Services || 56720:IT-Application Delivery || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $132,000 to $187,333 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Pay - Long Term Incentive, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 49852
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.