Director, HR Business Partnerships Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Xcel Energy is hiring Directors of Human Resources - Business Partnerships reporting to the Senior Director, HR - Strategy, Performance, & Partnerships. These roles are Strategic Talent Advisors for a C-Suite level executive and lead the team of HR Business Partners (HRBP) and HR Generalists (HRG) for the overall portfolio/functional areas. They will partner closely to develop the capabilities and ongoing evolution of the HRBP/HRG model.
The successful candidate(s) will be an integral part of the HR + Employee Services team, helping to drive strategic change across all functions and tackling the most pressing talent opportunities and challenges. They will own development and execution of people & talent strategy for their aligned business areas which serves as a critical enabler of overall business strategy. They will have a strong player-coach management style, an agile mindset to achieve high-performing results and monitor performance by the development of key priorities, goals, and metrics.
- Effectively lead the design, development, implementation, evaluation and communication of strategic talent and people programs, policies, and practices that will support achievement organizational goals and objectives within their portfolio/functional area. Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of programs and communications. Establish metrics tracking and reporting to evaluate outcomes. Adapt plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges.
- Lead large-scale initiatives and change management projects to support the company's strategic talent priorities. Ensure workforce initiatives are successfully implemented. Influence and drive change management by using business acumen and data to guide, coach and counsel senior leadership in effecting strategies for improvement of business results. Consult on complex problem resolution by utilizing specific knowledge of HR programs, products, processes, and technology. Provide subject matter expertise to HR and business areas.
- Demonstrate strong strategic planning and anticipate human resource needs and industry trends. Conduct research and analysis to lead continuous improvement to drive efficiencies and improve the employee experience. Actively participate in HR-related initiatives representing company interests.
- Lead a team of HR Business Partners and HR Generalists responsible for identifying and implementing HR programs aligned with company values and initiatives. Guide team members to establish priorities, measures, goals and strategic plans, and their link to business objectives and goals. Establish and communicate clear performance expectations and foster employee learning, development, and growth opportunities. Develop the overall HRBP Practice through a commitment to driving progressive HRBP capabilities and team effectiveness.
- Bachelor's degree in a HR, business, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Eight years of experience in HR, business or related field; emphasis on people & talent strategy, process transformation, org. design, change management and people management
- In-depth knowledge of HR issues, trends and practices.
- Demonstrated leadership, planning and organizational skills; ability to make solid business judgments and provide guidance on priorities and project implementation.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interface and provide strategic guidance to executive leadership and individuals and groups at all levels of the organization.
- MBA or Master's degree in related field. Certification through a recognized professional or educational organization.
- Proven leadership abilities including creative and proactive approach to conflict resolution and problem solving, mentoring, coaching, recognition, and performance management.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with highly complex business challenges, both urgent short-term issues and long-term strategic items.
- Progressive experience in roles requiring interaction with executive leadership (e.g. Vice President level and above)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving approaches; strong data storytelling skillset to influence decisions
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis; CO - Denver || United States (US) || Human Resources & Employee Svc || 84090:Workforce S&C Partners || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $116,000 to $170,000 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 47969
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.