Director of Data and Analytics
Central Coast Community Energy
SALARY: $140,400.00 - $216,000.00 Annually
DEPARTMENT: Office of Chief Financial Officer
OPENING DATE: 12/05/22
CLOSING DATE: 01/05/23 12:00 AM
Central Coast Community Energy is seeking to hire a new Director of Data Analytics who is ready to make a meaningful impact. Submit your detailed Resume and Cover Letter immediately to be considered!
About The Agency:
Central Coast Community Energy (CCCE) is located in Monterey, California, one of the most beautiful and geographically diverse areas in the country, with beaches, mountains, oceans, and vineyards. World-famous for Pebble Beach, Carmel by the Sea, the Monterey Jazz Festival, golf, resorts and a Mediterranean atmosphere, Monterey is a unique location less than 90 minutes from the San Francisco Bay Area.
About the Position:
The Director of Data Science & Analytics will lead the development and operation of key CCCE financial and analytics platforms. This is a hands-on career-building role that gives the successful candidate the unique opportunity to have significant impact by building enterprise-scale systems in a $400 Million revenue organization. A strategic analytics roadmap is already in place. Under it, in 2022 CCCE will be developing a new Financial & Billing Data platform, transitioning to a new billing and data vendor, developing a new suite of analytics, and expanding its reporting capabilities. The Director will have ownership and accountability for delivering on these initiatives as well as proposing new strategic initiatives and roadmaps for future years. This role will involve granular data modeling and coding; it is not a pure people leader or strategic function. It will also oversee CCCE’s IT function. There is a small staff team in place, with potential for growth. The role will also be responsible for managing vendor relationships and staff involved in platform development and support. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Lead the development, go-live and operation of CCCE’s Financial & Billing Data Platform, which will be built and primarily supported by an outside vendor
- Lead and manage CCCE’s relationship with its billing and data vendors, including the transition from 2 vendors to 1 that is underway
- Lead the development of CCCE financial and customer reporting and analytics, including hands-on design, coding, and QA as needed
- Responsible for CCCE’s ongoing technical billing and data relationships with Investor-Owned Utilities (IOUs)
- Manage CCCE’s IT function, which includes cybersecurity, connectivity, corporate applications, desktop support etc.
- Manage finance team; consultant/vendor staff and temporary staff as needed
- Develop multiyear Data & Analytics roadmaps and deliver results
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Data warehouse architecture and operations. E.g., star schema, batch reporting, cloud operations optimization etc.
- Data analytics, including statistics and machine learning
- Reporting and visualization, including query development, query optimization, Tableau etc.
- Core IT operations and infrastructure
- Highly detail oriented
- Advanced Excel
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
- Research, analyze and interpret complex data; reach conclusions and make recommendations
- Define problem areas and evaluate, recommend, and implement alternative solutions to complex issues and problems
- Be detail oriented and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Work independently
- Deal tactfully and maintain effective working and diplomatic relations with various levels of staff, the public, civic organizations, and representatives from government, industry, media, and other agencies
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and respect for the rights of individuals and differences in people's ethnic and cultural heritage, attitudes, beliefs, goals, and interests
- Promote teamwork, a positive work environment, and collaborative problem solving
Education and Experience
Any combination of education and experience that would provide the knowledge and abilities listed. A typical way to obtain the require qualifications would be:
Education equivalent to a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, statistics, mathematics, physics or closely related field.
A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible work experience in data and analytics functions, including a minimum of four (4) years managing staff. Experience in the public sector is desirable. Experience with energy suppliers, utilities or Customer Choice Agencies is highly desirable.
Possession and continued maintenance of a valid class C California driver’s license.
Application and Selection Process:
The deadline to apply is January 5, 2023
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, candidates must submit cover letters and resumes via NEOGOV.
The starting salary will be commensurate with the experience, qualifications, and skills of the successful candidate.
Central Coast Community Energy offers a competitive benefits package, including PARS Retirement System
- PARS Retirement: Employer Match Retirement System
- Deferred Compensation 457 Plan
- $1,500 Monthly Allowance towards Health Insurance, Dental, Vision & EAP for employees and dependents
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holidays - 10 days per year
- $2,400 Employer paid annual contribution towards FSA
- $3,600 Employer paid annual contribution towards HRA
- $1,000 annual reimbursement towards Employee Health and Wellness
CCCE requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
The recruitment may be extended or closed early after the issue date. You are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
All application materials submitted will be evaluated and screened. Final candidates will be interviewed by the respective department. Finalists will be expected to provide three professional references.
A background investigation will be required for selected candidates.
Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements, please contact Alicia Hicks, Director of Human Resources and Administrative Services at email@example.com
CCCE is not responsible for failure of internet forms and/or email transmission in submitting your application packet.
Central Coast Community Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About this Employer
Central Coast Community Energy is a Community Choice Energy agency established by local communities to source clean and renewable electricity for Monterey, San Benito and Santa Cruz counties and now parts of San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara counties while retaining your utility provider’s traditional role delivering power and maintaining electric infrastructure as well as billing.
Central Coast Community Energy is committed to reducing greenhouse gas emissions through local control of utility scale renewable electricity generation provided at competitive rates and the implementation of innovative energy programs that facilitate the electrification of the transportation and built environments. Central Coast Community Energy promotes long-term electric rate stability and energy security while reducing reliance on fossil fuels and stimulating the local economy.
In its first first two years of operations, 3CE has contracted for 453.3 MW of long term eligible renewable resources and 192.7 MW of battery storage in furtherance of California’s 100% GHG-free by 2045 goal. Since beginning operations, 3CE has enrolled 33 communities throughout the Central Coast. Following the COVID-19 pandemic, 3CE provided immediate financial relief by deferring $22.4M in generation charges for all customers. 3CE has allocated over $12M toward energy program in addition to establishing a $25M Energy Resiliency program in response to the investor owned utilities Public Safety Power Shutoffs – and we are just getting started!