Director, Contract & Credit Strategy Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Leads group responsible for negotiating credit contracts, contract administration, tracking and managing agreement collateral, performing credit risk reporting, developing proprietary credit and collateral risk models and views, managing collateral risk to balance sheet, developing collateral optimization and hedging strategies (both structured deal assessment and portfolio optimization). Oversees commercial compliance. Tracks key commercial goals and transaction pipeline.
- Lead, manage, develop and train team. Develop team's capability to analyze industry and counterparty credit risks; coordinate and communicate analysis results.
- Identify, socialize and implement opportunities for collateral and balance sheet optimization, with an eye to both minimizing portfolio balance sheet costs and to mitigating collateral posting tail risks. Coordinate with Treasury to measure the cost of current transactions as well as potential costs to the balance sheet; develop and implement collateral posting and credit risk hedging strategies.
- Maintain internal and external relationships with stakeholders. Understand key commercial goals and transaction pipeline in order to prioritize credit agreement review and development, transaction-specific credit analysis, and credit group strategy development.
- Understanding key commercial compliance reporting goals, develop human capital and system resources required to measure and report progress towards key compliance goals; develop and maintain a culture of compliance, as well as overseeing compliance reporting and analysis, escalating concerns as needed.
- Spearhead system and business process efforts to measure and report credit and collateral position and risk, leveraging expertise from quantitative and IT groups; ownership of project management and implementation.
- Review and analyze complex, structured energy commodity transactions; assess embedded credit costs and risks and develop credit and collateral strategies to assist transaction teams.
- Develop, document and oversee performance of commodity and credit risk policies.
- Support and deliver presentations to senior management and board of directors.
- Master's Degree
- Degrees in a numerate discipline, such as mathematics, physics, engineering, finance, economics and/or other hard sciences preferred.
- Minimum of five years related experience, such as credit reporting, credit agreement negotiation, margining and/or collateral optimization, risk management and energy commodity markets.
- Minimum of three years managerial experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and develop teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively with quants, IT developers, traders and senior executives required.
- Extensive experience using Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in and desire to work in demanding, fast faced energy commodity trading business.
- Experience at a merchant energy company, investment bank, and/or hedge fund beneficial.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Audit and Financial Services || 25275:Risk Strategy & Control & Cred || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $116,000 to $164,666 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 49045
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.