Director, Analytics & Practices Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Provide visionary, strategic leadership to transform Energy Supply (ES) fleetwide asset management and leverage risk-based decision-making to maximize performance of ES generation assets across all operating companies. Establish strategic direction and organizational influence to establish, integrate and align Asset Performance Management (APM) methodology, Monitoring and Diagnostics (M&D), and financial analytics to optimize ES equipment asset strategy and business results. Mitigate operational and financial risk for the generation portfolio through leadership of APM and reliability-centered methodologies as well as strategic integration of equipment monitoring and financial analytical results to optimize asset management decisions. Direct scope development, prioritization, and initial planning of major overhaul and O&M projects in alignment with fleetwide asset strategies.
- Direct development, ownership, and optimization of fleetwide asset strategies through asset and predictive analytics, risk optimization, and reliability centered maintenance. Drive integration of financial analysis with asset management and predictive analytical systems. Ensure APM processes produce accurate risk-based information upon which proactive decisions are made to maximize asset reliability and decrease costs.
- Provide strategic planning and direction to establish APM approach to optimize ES fleet processes, practices, and procedures that optimize based on risk versus cost. Direct team in condition monitoring strategy, ownership, and expansion to ensure appropriate data is available to optimize equipment performance. Develop general risk management strategies. Direct statistical analyses, data analytics, and asset optimization processes. Lead analysis of complex data sets to generate insights/recommendations to inform business decisions to drive lower costs. Is accountable for condition-based maintenance development deployment and effectiveness.
- Direct M&D in expansion of remote equipment monitoring and implement enhancements of predictive analytics modeling to decrease costs and contribute to operational excellence. Drive alignment of M&D center insights with APM systems for risk-based decision-making and long-term optimization.
- Direct team in scope development, prioritization, budget alignment, and initial planning of major overhaul and O&M projects. Align asset investment and maintenance actions with fleetwide asset strategies, utilizing APM approach.
- Direct team in integrating APM and monitoring results to continuously improve equipment asset strategies while ensuring risk prioritized investment, overhaul, and maintenance practices. Accountable for communication and interaction across all of ES to effectively implement new strategies.
- Partner with, influence, and ensure effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders to strategically transform and deliver excellence in APM.
- BS in Engineering, Finance, or related field. MBA preferred.
- Ten years of experience in combination of: operations, maintenance, engineering, asset management/financial principles, reliability management.
- Five years of leadership experience required.
- Knowledge of APM tools preferred.
- Strong analytical, process, and decision-making skills.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage geographically dispersed work teams and lead cultural change.
- Up to 25% travel required.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis; TX - Amarillo; TX - Lubbock || United States (US) || Operations and Generation || 40100:ES Performance Optimization || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $116,000 to $164,666 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 47977
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.