Deskside Support Specialist - Amarillo TX Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Provide highly responsive tier 1 and 2 technical support to the contractors and employees of Xcel Energy in order to maximize technology availability and productivity. Provide prompt, courteous, and professional deskside, remote, and walk-up support to business customers. Act as an expert and point-of-contact for technology service requests, deployment, troubleshooting, and repair of desktop and laptop hardware, peripherals, and software. (e.g., MS Office Suite, Windows, internet, intranet, VPN, email, proprietary applications, etc.).
- Provide hardware and software technical support for contractor and employee PCs both remotely and deskside. Use Xcel admin tools to ensure efficient issue resolution. Enforce Xcel IT policies and procedures.
- Configure, deploy, maintain, and relocate desktops, laptops and other peripheral devices as directed for customers.
- Use ITSM system(s) to track all issues in accordance with the established or documented procedures. Report and follow up on unusual, alarming, or recurring problems to the appropriate level of management.
- Utilize existing methodologies, structures, and reports to facilitate consistent, standardized interaction with business areas supported.
- Improve Deskside Support operations through regular process improvement and challenging the current environment to improve.
- Prioritize outstanding issues and manage user expectations. Expedite and resolve escalations and issues needing advanced technical or customer service ability.
- Provide training to new technicians and contractors to ensure process compliance and high efficiency of operations. Regularly communicate and collaborate.
- Maintain inventory at selected sites. Ensure proper receipt procedures and equipment movement throughout the region.
- Associate degree or Certifications (preferred in IT related field) or equivalent experience; and minimum 2-5 years of experience in PC hardware and software diagnostics, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Proficient in the administration of Windows and MS Office.
- Expert knowledge of current PC technology, operating systems, applications, devices and networking (wired /wireless).
- Experienced customer service, troubleshooting, problem solving and customer facing skills.
- Ability to work/lead tech support under pressure, to manage multiple priorities, and to operate as a key contributor within technology services.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: TX - Amarillo || TX - Amarillo || United States (US) || Technology Services || 56779:IT-Client Support Leader || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $28.80 to $40.33 per hour
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 47662
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.