Designer (All Levels)
ITC Holdings Corp.
This position is responsible for supporting the drawing revision, document administration and database maintenance needs of the engineering department. They perform a wide variety of engineering support functions including; CAD drafting, GIS maintenance, data tracking and design package administration. They utilize computer-aided design and drafting (CADD), database and document management applications to create, revise and maintain engineering records. They are responsible for ensuring department compliance functions including but not limited to; print accuracy, record keeping, revision control and document retention.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates, revises and maintains substation drawings and transmission line diagrams as needed.
- Edits, maintains and administers CAD drawings and models.
- Ensures that documentation conforms to company standards and are accurate and complete.
- May facilitate and implement improvements to design engineering standards.
- Administers application for drawing management system and other databases.
- Assists in the preparation of training materials for the document management system and other databases.
- Maintains various databases and ensures accurate records.
- Coordinates record updates with engineers, consultants, project managers and maintenance personnel.
- Performs drawing control functions and is responsible for revision control, drawing logs and archiving.
- Assists with the preparation and distribution of design packages for construction and as built purposes.
- Depending on level either:
- Works with engineers to gain experience needed to design & review small projects (Intermediate) .
- Designs and troubleshoots small projects ( Senior ).
- Addresses field questions, reviews design modifications and edits documentation for changes.
- Creates maps and drawings for use by other departments and external entities.
- Associate's degree in Computer Drafting, Computer-Aided Design, Electrical Engineering Technology, or relevant, equivalent experience and/or education.
- Senior Level only :
- Minimum of three (3) years related experience; five (5) years preferred.
- Preferred experience with document management systems.
- Both Levels :
- Ability to edit CAD drawings using Bentley, 'MicroStation' or Autodesk, 'AutoCAD' software.
- Ability to integrate input from others into CAD drawings.
- Ability to collect and enter data quickly, correctly and efficiently.
- Understands how to create and edit metadata.
- Knowledge in interpreting surveys, maps, fabrication drawings and equipment details.
- Preferred understanding in electronic document control software.
- Demonstrates understanding of spatial data, algorithms, data integration and data conversion.
- Preferred knowledge of Electric System and its components.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and customer services skills.
- Strong math skills
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer. ITC does not sponsor employment visas, such as H-1B or TN visas.
About this Employer
ITC, a Fortis company, is the energy industry’s leading electricity transmission company. We deliver bulk electrical energy from power generating plants along high-voltage lines to the local distribution system of utilities serving communities. We invest in power lines that will meet the needs of the 21st century.
As the only fully independent transmission company in the U.S., our business is not distracted by electricity generation or distribution. Transmission is our sole focus. As a result, we can concentrate fully on planning, building, operating and investing in high-value, highly-reliable electricity transmission to our customers and communities.
ITC owns and operates high-voltage transmission facilities in Michigan, Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas and Oklahoma. ITC’s grid development focus includes growth through regulated infrastructure investment as well as domestic and international expansion through merchant and other commercial development opportunities.