Design Intern- Minneapolis, MN Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
- Summer internship position in Minneapolis, MN. The role requires being onsite and requires working full time during summer break from school. Applicants must be able to relocate during the duration of the internship to Minneapolis, or already live within a commutable distance.
- Under guidance from project Engineering and Design services staff, assist in the planning, design and development of construction drawings for various projects. Provide field support including field verifications for retrofit applications, as-built documentation. Requirement to complete design assignments and review work for accuracy and completeness is essential.
• Pursuing a two year technical degree or certification in engineering drafting and design practice.
• Experience using AutoCAD and or MicroStation is required.
• Must have a good attitude, be a team player, follow set work hours and company code of conduct rules (Xcel Energy
strives upon a Safe and Team work environment).
• Valid driver's license
• Completion of one year at a technical degree or certification program
• Demonstrate the ability to effectively utilize various computerized design/drafting software applications according to
• Demonstrate the ability to produce complex engineering drawings in a 2D or occasionally work 3D environment.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office V10 applications, Word Outlook, Spreadsheets Etc....
• May require travel to plant/job sites.
• Commitment to customer service environment.
• Attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to foster and maintain
effective interpersonal relationships.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Operations || 31111:ES MN WI ETS || Part-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $17.00 per hour
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays
Requisition Number: 48720
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.