Deputy Director for Electric Power System
Commonwealth Utilities Corporation
The incumbent will be under the direct supervision of the Executive Director or his/her designee.
• Assess and evaluate the condition of the operating and non-operating plant, including the engine and its auxiliary and ancillary equipment and systems.
• Assess and evaluate the operating and non-operating of the power transmission and distribution systems.
• Improve data collection and monitoring of plant operation and equipment condition with minimum investment, the funding of which will be arranged by CUC.
• Lead power generation in evaluation of required parts and consumable required for immediate, interim and long term needs, as per the corporation's goals.
• Prepare relevant maintenance and overhaul schedule, including Preventive Maintenance Program (PMP) of the power plant engines, their auxiliary systems and distribution facilities based on OEM recommendation and condition monitoring principles.
• Train and lead the plant staff in implementation and the supervision of such schedules and related activities.
• Improve and increase existing power generation capacity, reliability of power generation and generation efficiencies, thereby reducing avoidable loss.
• Minimizing equipment failures and downtime through structured planning and maximizing component life through effective Operation and Maintenance (O & M)
• Lead the CUC with the preparation of specifications and bidding documents for the power plants, as required by the generation and distribution management.
• Provide guidance, management support, and supervision in streamlining and expediting the procurement of parts for power generation.
• Lead in the evaluation and assessment of the plant O & M personnel, and lead them in the implementation of structured training programs for the lack of skill levels identified.
• Lead in improving skill sets and knowledge sets of the CUC staff through training, including hands-on and specific tailor-made programs.
• Performs other duties as assigned, necessary for the maintenance and improvement of electric power systems.
About this Employer
The Commonwealth Utilities Corporation (“CUC”) is a government utility providing power, water, and wastewater services in the Northern Mariana Islands NMI), a U.S. commonwealth in the western pacific.