Department Administrative Assistant
Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Materials, Science and Manufacturing group is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as a Department Administrative Assistant! Our team works an on-site 9x80 schedule located at our INL Research Center with every other Friday off.
- Provide direct administrative support to the department manager, department staff, and special projects (i.e., TETI, Thermal Energy Transport Under Irradiation).
- Perform routine and non-routine administrative support functions with little or no direction based on in-depth knowledge of the organization, laboratory procedures and laboratory standard software applications.
- Perform complex, time-sensitive tasks, and handles laboratory-sensitive issues using own initiative with support from other administrators and laboratory resources.
- Exercise independent judgment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Compose and prepare routine and non-routine correspondence and presentations ensuring proper laboratory format is used.
- Make domestic and international travel arrangements and prepare expense reports.
- Manage the day-to-day e-mail and scheduling of calendar for department manager.
- Determine priorities to ensure actions are completed efficiently and accurately.
- Coordinate on-boarding of interns (including in-take forms, move requests, asset determination and allocation) and new hires, including post-doctoral research fellows and regular INL staff.
- Track action items and ensure they are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Plan, coordinate, and facilitate complex meeting agendas and logistics for visitors, both US citizens and foreign nationals, including travel planning, agendas, security plans, and other tasks as identified.
- Receive and respond to visitors, calls, and correspondence, providing information and making appropriate referrals.
- Assist with special projects as assigned including but not limited to department reporting, records management, phone/move coordination, budgets, contract/subcontract initiation and tracking, edit documents and presentations, and attend Directorate Administrative Assistant meetings.
- Mentor new admins and backup admins as required.
- Provide P-card purchasing support for department personnel;
- use iBuy and Asset Suites to acquire materials and services (including contract coordination) following established INL procurement requirements.
- Serve as point of contact to purchase office supplies, copy machine and fax machine supplies and schedule maintenance.
- Assist with meeting preparations (agenda, badging, meal requests, tour preparations, security plans, etc.).
- Assist with other actions relevant to updating and revising security plans.
- Prepare flyers and initiate email invite notification for invited guest speakers and presenters.
- Coordinate interviews (agendas, candidate travel, point of contact for questions, etc.).
- Take authorized, independent initiative to identify department records.
- Maintain department documentation and personnel files.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of sensitive administrative and technical information.
- Assist other managers and administrators.
- Level 2- HS and 2 years related experience
- Level 3- HS and 4 years related experience
- Have a working knowledge of Windows office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook), Adobe.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
- Experience working effectively and productively with limited oversight and supervision under deadline pressure, organizing and prioritizing tasks, and taking initiative to deal with work challenges that arise.
- Possess exceptional interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Be team oriented.
- Salary Grade: 130 / 150
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting and the selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on depth and breadth of proven experience and skills.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL men born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
INL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide EEO to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
COVID Safety Protocols:
As a condition of employment, INL will inquire about COVID vaccination status and expects candidate compliance with all required COVID safety protocols, including mask-wearing as applicable.
INL has implemented a required vaccination policy effective immediately requiring all new hires must be vaccinated against COVID - 19 as a condition of employment, unless exempt under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, or other applicable state or federal law. In accordance with INL's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide your resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits & Salary:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and a phenomenal benefits package. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.