Database Modeler, Developer and Engineer
Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Data Management group is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as a Database Modeler, Developer and Engineer! This team works a remote 9x80 schedule with every other Friday off.
- Performs as a Data Management database developer and database engineer in the realm of database design and creation, data ingestion, manipulation, and transformation while building and maintaining data warehouses, data marts, including the management of metadata and meta marts.
- Responsible for the design of databases, data marts and other data work in support of the hub. Once in the hub data warehouse, responsible for transformations and other activities to ensure that data marts and models are usable and sustainable. This includes the design and implementation of database modeling, both logical and physical, such as relational and/or dimensional models. Provides support to modelers and report builders.
- On an as needed basis, performs traditional SQL DBA duties as follows:
- Function independently on moderate to complex Database Administration activities. Responsibilities include handling security of Microsoft systems, tuning, backups, maintenance, and oversight of moderate to large Microsoft databases.
- Provide technical support and multiple task management in the areas of systems analysis, database design, testing, and implementation for the successful completion and operations of SQL data bases, this includes writing SQL reports and programming.
- Participate in upgrades and maintenance of databases.
- Stays ahead of on the emerging technologies including but not limited to Business Intelligence, PowerBI, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft SSAS, ERWIN, SAS.
- Associates degree plus 9 years' experience, Bachelor's degree plus 5 years' experience or Advanced Degree and 3 years' experience
- Certifications may be considered for partial experience credit: i.e., Power BI, SQL, MS SQL, Tableau, EA)
- Applicants are subject to the requirements of DOE O 142.3B, Unclassified Foreign National Access Program.
- Expertise in SQL databases, SQL security, tuning, backups, patching, maintenance, and implementation.
- Experienced using MS SQL databases in application development.
- Understand different data models: normalized, de-normalized, star and snowflake models.
- Strong hands-on experience in SQL Server and SQL Server Integration Services.
- Experience in data warehousing/BI projects on Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and specifically tabular models.
- Must be a standout colleague and effectively organize and perform tasks
- degree(s) CE, CS, MIS.
- Salary Grade 210 ($91,032 - $150,156)
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities, and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL men born after December 31, 1959, must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
INL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide EEO to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide your resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits & Salary:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and a phenomenal benefits package. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.