Database Modeler, Developer and Engineer
Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Data Management group is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as a Database Modeler, Developer and Engineer! Our team works a remote 9x80 schedule located with every other Friday off.
- Performs as a Data Management database developer and database engineer in the realm of database design and creation, data ingestion, manipulation and transformation in the course of building and maintaining data warehouses, data marts, including the management of meta data and meta marts.
- Perform as a SQL Server Analysis Services developer and will branch into broader database developer and engineer scope over time.
- Responsible for the design of databases, data marts and other data work in support of the hub.
- Responsible for transformations and other activities to ensure that data marts and models are usable and sustainable. Includes the design and implementation of database modeling, both logical and physical, such as relational and/or dimensional models.
- Provide support to modelers and report builders.
- Function independently on moderate to complex Database Administration activities. Responsibilities include handling security of Microsoft systems, tuning, backups, maintenance, and oversight of moderate to large Microsoft databases.
- Provide technical support and multiple task management in the areas of systems analysis, database design, testing, and implementation for the successful completion and operations of SQL data bases, this includes writing SQL reports and programming.
- Participate in upgrades and maintenance of databases.
- Associates degree plus 9 years experience, Bachelors degree plus 5 years experience or Advanced Degree and 3 year experience
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy "L" / "Q" clearance, which requires US Citizenship.
- 5 years experience in SQL databases, SQL security, tuning, backups, patching, maintenance, and implementation
- 3 years experience using MS SQL databases in application development
- 3 years experience understanding different data models: normalized, de-normalized, star and snowflake models
- 3 years of Strong hands-on experience in SQL Server and SQL Server Integration Services
- 3 years experience in data warehousing/BI projects on Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and specifically tabular models
- Must be a great teammate and effectively organize and perform tasks
- Degree(s) CE, CS, MIS
- Development experience in other BI tool such as MS Power BI
- Experience with ERWIN, Tableau, SAS
- Strong knowledge of DAX
- Able to implement data security in tabular models
- Performance tune tabular models
- Ability to communicate with both business and technical audiences
- Salary Grade: 210
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL men born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
INL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide EEO to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
COVID Safety Protocols:
As a condition of employment, INL will inquire about COVID vaccination status and expects candidate compliance with all required COVID safety protocols, including mask-wearing as applicable.
INL has implemented a required vaccination policy effective immediately requiring all new hires must be vaccinated against COVID - 19 as a condition of employment, unless exempt under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, or other applicable state or federal law. In accordance with INL's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide your resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits & Salary:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and a phenomenal benefits package. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.