Data Modeling and Visualization Developer
Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Enterprise Support group is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a technical career as a Data Modeling and Visualization Developer!
- Performs as a data analyst and developer within the Data Management organization, focused on complex data modeling and visualization in support of dashboards, reports and other customer facing (front end) work.
- Works with customers to identify requirements and model data and/or complex visualizations that meet customer needs for the building of dashboards and reports.
- Builds dashboards and reports on an as needed basis.
- Works on other activities in the life cycle of data reporting, starting with raw data from source systems and ingesting it into the INL data analytics hub, development of data marts and models, and connecting to multiple data sources in the course of providing reporting capabilities.
- Designs, develops, implements and maintains data models and marts, and other data deliverables, in support of the hub, both logical and physical, such as relational and/or dimensional models.
- Responsible for transformations and other activities to ensure that data marts and models are continually usable and sustainable.
- Provides support to modelers and report builders.
- Provides technical support and multiple task management in the areas of data analysis, database design, testing, and implementation for the successful completion and operations of SQL databases, including writing SQL reports and programming.
- Stays ahead on the emerging technologies including but not limited to PowerBI, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft SSAS, ERWIN, and SAS Viya.
- Bachelors degree plus 5 years experience or Advanced Degree and demonstrated ability OR 13 years relevant education/experience in lieu of a bachelor's degree.
- Applicants are subject to the requirements of DOE O 142.3B, Unclassified Foreign National Access Program.
- Solid experience in data modeling and visualizations, including normalized, de-normalized, star and snowflake models.
- Experience in using SQL, SQL Server, SQL Server Analysis Services, DAX, and other technologies for modeling and visualizing data.
- Experience in visualization and reporting tools.
- Able to implement data security in tabular models.
- Able to performance tune tabular models.
- Experience with business analyst methodologies such as user experience (UX), customer experience (CX) and/or requirements gathering and design.
- Experience with MS PowerBI, Tableau, SAS, ERWIN, SSIS
- Able to perform as a solid teammate and effectively organize and perform tasks.
- Able to communicate with both business and technical audiences.
- Salary Grade: 210 ($91,032 - $150,156)
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL men born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
INL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide EEO to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
COVID Safety Protocols:
As a condition of employment, INL will inquire about COVID vaccination status and expects candidate compliance with all required COVID safety protocols, including mask-wearing as applicable.
INL has implemented a required vaccination policy effective immediately requiring all new hires must be vaccinated against COVID - 19 as a condition of employment, unless exempt under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, or other applicable state or federal law. In accordance with INL's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide your resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits & Salary:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and a phenomenal benefits package. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.