Data Engineering Intern- CO or MN Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
- At the Digital Operations Factory, we're driving cultural and technological change within the organization with the mission of leading Xcel Energy to a carbon-free 2050. Come be a part of the energy revolution! You'll work with inspiring, bold, and thoughtful technologists to deliver transformational change in an energetic environment open to fresh ideas.
- Work with the Data Engineering team to support data engineering activities for the Digital Operations Factory use cases. Work as an emerging Data Engineer building data pipelines that will be used for analytics and data science use cases as well as custom application development. This includes working with SMEs to profile new data sources, perform data quality assessments, loading data into our cloud data platform and transforming and standardizing data for consumption. The intern will gain practical experience working within a multidisciplinary Agile delivery team to solve complex data problems and deliver high quality data pipelines and solutions.
- This will be a summer opportunity with the potential to extend into a school semester. The candidate should be able to work full-time during the summer and 15-20 hrs./wk. during a school semester.
- Pursuing a degree in IT, Computer Science or other related fields
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving
- Strong communication skills
- Python, SQL
- Experience with AWS (AWS) in the data and analytics space
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Technology Services || 56200:IT-Digital Ops Factory || Part-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $20.40 per hour
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays
Requisition Number: 48737
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.