Data Analytics Intern- St. Paul, MN Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
- Team: Business Support within Contracting and Utility Services ensures contract compliance, monitors contractor performance metrics, and manages timely invoicing processes. Intern would gain a greater understanding of the utility business, contract development and invoicing, and key Supply Chain relationships.
- Project Description: Intern would be responsible for mapping existing business processes and identifying/implementing efficiency gains by leveraging automation and/or collaboration tools. Gathers, creates, standardizes, reports, analyses, and interprets financial and/or operational data. Prepares insightful data driven presentations that can be delivered to leaders and used in decision making and planning. Intern will be expected to work a hybrid model with approximately 50% of their time reporting to the office in person. Successful candidate will gain significant professional confidence and people skills.
- This will be a summer opportunity with the potential to extend into a school semester. The candidate should be able to work full-time during the summer and 10-20 hrs./wk. during a school semester.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Power BI.
- Ability to summarize and present complex data in an organized, concise manner as well as problem solving, collaboration, and partnership capabilities.
- Business, Data Analytics, Finance/Accounting, Information Systems, Economics
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Freshman or Sophomore
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - St Paul || MN - St Paul || United States (US) || Operations || 53991:Business Ops Field XES || Part-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $17.00 per hour
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays
Requisition Number: 48735
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.